• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So I was in a gun shop this week and saw for sale a gun that I had years ago. It reminded me of the time I traded a gun in one time and couldn’t sleep so the next morning I went back and bought it back. This ever happen to INGOERS?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Not me! I haven't sold a firearm in about 50 years! I have given a few away but bought them for that purpose. A few years ago I gave a Mosin to two close friends and one to each of my sons. I also gave some old military handguns to my youngest son as well as a new Armalite 50 BMG rifle.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    No. I have sold a gun and then a year or two later start thinking about buying another one, but so far I have resisted that. I remind myself there was a reason I got rid of it the first time.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I've seen this regret mentioned multiple times, but haven't experienced it. Every firearm in my collection fills a niche I'm interested in. Those I've sold/traded away were to better build that collection. No regrets at all.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    My very first gun was a SW5903. I sold it a long time ago and recently wanted it back for nostalgic reasons. I recently bought another, but not the actual gun I had. That's as close as I got.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Yup, happened 2 weeks ago. I traded a nice Wilson 1911 in and regretted it before I got home. Went back a few days later and bought it back. I wont sell it again!!

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    No I sold a bunch and haven't missed a one. I'm not sentimental. Material things have no meaning to me. Only tools. Buy and keep what I currently have a use for.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Still figuring out what I like and don't like. So that means guns will be bought and sold. Hard to know what you like if you don't have access to it or easily rent it. Only thing I am kicking myself over is letting go of my first Saiga 7.62x39 rifle.

Only ones I can't let go of yet are ones from family.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    So far, not really. I've taken a trade in for something I had once and sold (a Glock 17), but I did more because I was having trouble selling the first gun. I subsequently sold that Glock again.

I suppose maybe if you loosen the definition to whole makes, then I guess I do this periodically with Glocks. I keep getting them, deciding I don't like how they shoot and then get rid of them. Then, down the line, I'll buy another model, thinking it will somehow be different. In the last 15 years, I've gone: Glock 22C -> Glock 23 -> Glock 17 Gen 2 -> Glock 42 -> Glock 48 -> Glock 17 Gen 4 -> Glock 19 Gen 5.

I still have the 42 and the 48 and I just recently got the 19, but after going to the range yesterday, I'm not sure I'm keeping it (and I'm starting to question the 48).

I think I just don't like Glocks and I really need to come to terms with that.

Anyway, the only gun I've let go and I'm really considering buying again is a Desert Eagle .44 Mag. Mine was cantankerous and super picky about ammo, but it was just fun to shoot. I've shot the 50AE variant and I don't like it (and the ammo is stupid expensive), so if I get another one, it will be .44 mag.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So far, not really. I've taken a trade in for something I had once and sold (a Glock 17), but I did more because I was having trouble selling the first gun. I subsequently sold that Glock again.

I suppose maybe if you loosen the definition to whole makes, then I guess I do this periodically with Glocks. I keep getting them, deciding I don't like how they shoot and then get rid of them. Then, down the line, I'll buy another model, thinking it will somehow be different. In the last 15 years, I've gone: Glock 22C -> Glock 23 -> Glock 17 Gen 2 -> Glock 42 -> Glock 48 -> Glock 17 Gen 4 -> Glock 19 Gen 5.

I still have the 42 and the 48 and I just recently got the 19, but after going to the range yesterday, I'm not sure I'm keeping it (and I'm starting to question the 48).

I think I just don't like Glocks and I really need to come to terms with that.

Anyway, the only gun I've let go and I'm really considering buying again is a Desert Eagle .44 Mag. Mine was cantankerous and super picky about ammo, but it was just fun to shoot. I've shot the 50AE variant and I don't like it (and the ammo is stupid expensive), so if I get another one, it will be .44 mag.

Get the .357 DE, I've had mine since the early 80s, and it's a hoot. A great reloaders platform for seeing just how high .357 mag will go.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I sold a S&W 357 revolver and regretted it. I looked for another and purchased it. I realized after I got it home it was a 38 model number, 357 cylinder and head spacing, 357 barrel, and all matching assembly numbers. It's definitely a very very rare find. The gun gods smiled on me.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I sold a Model 586 years ago and finally replaced it 20 years later. But this time I got the 4" barrel instead of the 6".
    I sold a Shield and replaced it just a few months later. But this time I got one sans safety.

Even though I have done this, I ended up with for me a better version of the firearm. Call it fine tuning.

I kept my small inventory of firearms for well over 20 years without any buying or selling. It was when I actually starting shooting them a few years ago, I felt the need to adjust what I owned to what I wanted to shoot. And I decided to get into the polymer extra capacity 9 mm realm.

It has taken me awhile, but I am where I want to be. The only thing I may move is a Trap gun since it's not looking like I'm going to do that sport after all. Which would mean I may have done the sell, buy, sell in this case. I bought a shotgun to do Skeet, realized I liked Trap better so I sold it and bought the Trap gun. Now, the Trap gun may go.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Attachments

• 0A2A35F1-5294-4B1A-B540-304574F07938.jpeg
      0A2A35F1-5294-4B1A-B540-304574F07938.jpeg
      11.3 KB · Views: 8
    • F0154E27-691A-4EE6-BA9D-B2CE275A81CD.jpeg
      F0154E27-691A-4EE6-BA9D-B2CE275A81CD.jpeg
      10.9 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

Makgizzle187

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    Muncie
    I sold an ak74 to a buddy of mine probably 5 years ago, he sold it to someone else and I just happened to buy it back with no clue that it was originally mine

Top Bottom