Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Moneygram. Pick up your cash at Walmart. If seller sent shipping costs, UPS it to his FFL.

I have done this.

User Info Menu

If distance and meeting is an issue you can send to an FFL and let them pick it up at their leisure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Moneygram. Pick up your cash at Walmart. If seller sent shipping costs, UPS it to his FFL.

I have done this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    If distance and meeting is an issue you can send to an FFL and let them pick it up at their leisure.

Both simple directions lend me to believe if guy was the collector he said he was that he should have made those simple suggestions b/c he had done such things in dealing with guns he wanted but lived far away and out of state.
    My standard answer is that I don't ship, simply b/c I've never done it.
    Can you pay the vendor you are using to ship it with to pack it for you?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    Both simple directions lend me to believe if guy was the collector he said he was that he should have made those simple suggestions b/c he had done such things in dealing with guns he wanted but lived far away and out of state.
    My standard answer is that I don't ship, simply b/c I've never done it.
    Can you pay the vendor you are using to ship it with to pack it for you?
    You can ship it yourself, unless the recieving dealer refuses non FFL transfers. Still payment should be usps money order to prevent someone claiming fraud and reversing charges. Generally, it's just easier to pick up and cheaper. Shipping adds 35 bucks plus FFL transfer fee

User Info Menu

FTF "CASH" Only, your hand to mine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    Question: Is doing the transaction illegal if done standing on TN soil?
    Well that's certainly a different question... and I don't exactly know the answer. You're both IN residents, so no FFL is required - even if you ship it, so I would say that the exact physical exchange of the firearm and where that takes place is irrelevant. All of the laws are written about the residence of the parties involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    FTF "CASH" Only, your hand to mine.
    I bought a beautiful S&W 586 listed on armslist Cash FTF in April. Seller asked how I was going to pay. I told him cash twenties or hundreds. his choice 100s. & the guy brought a marking "ammonia pen" tested all the while apologising. I was just glad I brought the "real bills". LOL....

Then I gave him a tip for free.

I prepared a bill of sale, complete wil carbon paper, from him to me with the amount and clearly

marked "As Is and Where Is"

that phrase will save sellers a lot of grief from buyers that "think you gave them a guarantee".

some buyers just love small claims courts for every thing.
    No middle game, No end game; just Open the game well. French e4e6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Well that's certainly a different question... and I don't exactly know the answer. You're both IN residents, so no FFL is required - even if you ship it, so I would say that the exact physical exchange of the firearm and where that takes place is irrelevant. All of the laws are written about the residence of the parties involved.

That is exactly what I was thinking and why it could be fine, since we were both residents of the same state.
    But, if Indiana doesn’t want people from other states hopping over the State line to do gun exchanges, I could understand that.
    Or perhaps Tennessee wouldn’t appreciate that either, Ha!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    PRESENCE (where you do the transaction)
    establishes Residence requirement
    without any further information required.

so I only sell within Indiana. prefer Indianapolis vs. Jeffersonville for example
    No middle game, No end game; just Open the game well. French e4e6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by openwell View Post
    PRESENCE (where you do the transaction)
    establishes Residence requirement

without any further information required.

so I only sell within Indiana. prefer Indianapolis vs. Jeffersonville for example
    Huh?

Just because I am standing TN doesn't mean I'm a TN resident. It doesn't matter where you are, but where you live.

I'm sticking to my answer (two IN residents can do a FTF transaction in TN) unless someone can point me at a law that states I'm wrong.
    18 U.S. Code § 922 (a)(5)

EDIT: I think Sig's right (see below). 922(a)(3) would seem to indicate so. The only exclusion is that a long gun sale could be done if a dealer does a transfer.

It'd also work if you change your will leaving the gun to the buyer, and you die, but that seems like a lot of extra work.

Last edited by JettaKnight; 12-16-2019 at 15:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast