• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Bought some Federal Black Pack rebate ammo, took advantage of the Academy Sports free shipping while relaxing in my recliner for Black Friday, congratulated myself on my cleverness. Then karma bit.

Filling out the rebate form online I discovered my Apple .IMG pics had to be converted to PDF or .JPG first before uploading. :xmad:

My tech-savvy wife looked up the how-to instructions online and after a few tries I was able to convert, then upload my pics of the UPC codes and the sides and tops of the individual ammo boxes.

Hit "Submit"....blank page appears with a little blurb at the top about "file too heavy" :rolleyes:

Did I do something wrong? Went back, laboriously filled out the form again..."Submit"...."file too heavy" :xmad:

Let's call the Federal rebate Help Line.....Robot voice, "Lines closed, call back monday." :xmad:

Called back Monday morning. Helpful lady said, "Yes we are seeing a lot of difficulty with this rebate. You are uploading too many pics and overloading the submission."

Me, "The rebate form required the photos."

Helpful lady, "Yes but there are still too many photos in your file. Push the ammo boxes together and retake your pics, that way there will be fewer pics to upload." :rolleyes:

Me, "You are not at fault ma'am and I appreciate your help but please tell your management I feel like a sucker and won't do this with Federal again."

Retook the pics, converted them to .JPG, uploaded the files and hit "Submit"....success, finally!

Several hours of frustration gives me $25.

Anyone else having problems?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Good luck; this thread is going to turn into bashing you.

I messed with Federal's rebate last year, but I won't be doing it again. The prepaid debit cards aren't worth the hassle.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I didn't fall for their rebate this year. Last year they lost my info and then along with several other excuses and endless calls I finally got my rebate in April - yeah, that's right Black Friday rebate that I mailed in immediately took 5 months to get. Good Luck.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    This crap is why I snooze on their rebates every year. Too much work, takes too damn long. It's current year, there's no reason a rebate should have a waiting period. It goes from a computer, to another computer, where it sits for several weeks until a clock runs out and it goes out instantaneously.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Good luck; this thread is going to turn into bashing you.

I messed with Federal's rebate last year, but I won't be doing it again. The prepaid debit cards aren't worth the hassle.

Nah. He's not whining because Federal didn't send him "real" money. He's just complaining about the process, which is legit.

Lots of rebates are much easier. Just got a $70 Visa gift card back from Continental Tire with very little fuss. Federal's rebate process is cumbersome, and they don't get in any hurry sending your rebate. Not a fan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No bashing but seriously, was it worth all of that and add in the wait. Seriously.

Never played the rebate game. The spouse used to but found it was a waste of her time. It is a hook.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That would defeat the purpose. Rebates aren’t about giving the consumer a deal. It’s enticing the consumer to make a purchase and hoping they don’t get around to sending in the rebate.

Yep. Menards' goofy 11% rebate comes to mind. Rather just go to Lowes and get my 10% veteran discount at the cash register.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I took advantage of the same deal you did last year. I didn't have trouble with the photos but the wait...the wait for the rebate is for real. I think it said allow 10-12 weeks for the rebate to arrive and they weren't kidding. It was every bit of the maximum time, maybe longer.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No bashing but seriously, was it worth all of that and add in the wait. Seriously.

Never played the rebate game. The spouse used to but found it was a waste of her time. It is a hook.

I will take advantage of the rebate if it’s an item I’m going to buy anyways, my wife’s Savage comes to mind. I was going to buy it anyways, why not spend the 10 minutes to get $50 back. I won’t buy something because it has a rebate though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I will take advantage of the rebate if it’s an item I’m going to buy anyways, my wife’s Savage comes to mind. I was going to buy it anyways, why not spend the 10 minutes to get $50 back. I won’t buy something because it has a rebate though.

I might, if the rebate is good enough. Got a pretty good rebate on a new Taurus G2c that I absolutely didn't need that made it so ridiculously cheap (along with the price at Rural King) that I had to buy one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I remember when you did that. Makes good sense if you are so inclined.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    That would defeat the purpose. Rebates aren’t about giving the consumer a deal. It’s enticing the consumer to make a purchase and hoping they don’t get around to sending in the rebate.

Exactly and they were one last submission try away from keeping my rebate money.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Yep. Menards' goofy 11% rebate comes to mind. Rather just go to Lowes and get my 10% veteran discount at the cash register.

I love Menards but Lowes gets most of my business due to how easy they made the veteran's discount. I've saved a lot of money with them.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Bought some Federal Black Pack rebate ammo, took advantage of the Academy Sports free shipping while relaxing in my recliner for Black Friday, congratulated myself on my cleverness. Then karma bit.

Filling out the rebate form online I discovered my Apple .IMG pics had to be converted to PDF or .JPG first before uploading. :xmad:

My tech-savvy wife looked up the how-to instructions online and after a few tries I was able to convert, then upload my pics of the UPC codes and the sides and tops of the individual ammo boxes.

Hit "Submit"....blank page appears with a little blurb at the top about "file too heavy" :rolleyes:

Did I do something wrong? Went back, laboriously filled out the form again..."Submit"...."file too heavy" :xmad:

Let's call the Federal rebate Help Line.....Robot voice, "Lines closed, call back monday." :xmad:

Called back Monday morning. Helpful lady said, "Yes we are seeing a lot of difficulty with this rebate. You are uploading too many pics and overloading the submission."

Me, "The rebate form required the photos."

Helpful lady, "Yes but there are still too many photos in your file. Push the ammo boxes together and retake your pics, that way there will be fewer pics to upload." :rolleyes:

Me, "You are not at fault ma'am and I appreciate your help but please tell your management I feel like a sucker and won't do this with Federal again."

Retook the pics, converted them to .JPG, uploaded the files and hit "Submit"....success, finally!

Several hours of frustration gives me $25.

Anyone else having problems?

Quit falling for the Federal rebate scam a couple years ago. Don't fall for Menards either. Edit: Having read NONE of the intervening posts it was with great humor and satisfaction that I looked up from my post and the first thing I see is discussion of Mendards. :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I love Menards but Lowes gets most of my business due to how easy they made the veteran's discount. I've saved a lot of money with them.

I really like Menards too, but I'm not dicking with their 11% rebate unless it's a big-ticket item that I can't get at Lowes.

Top Bottom