• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    Looks like my Christmas gift to myself has shipped today(and hopefully will be here tomorrow/weekend). So heres the plan. Im going to take my shorty pistol FAL and we are going to transform this sad excuse of a bush pistol into a bush rifle.

We are then going to weld up the latching component and file to fit since the receiver to FCG is nice and loosey goosey, which cannot be productive to iron sight accuracy. Next on the list is going to be tuning the gas plug if needed. All my DSA barrels have always been overgassed to the point that the regulator doesn't function as it should. I presume this is done for reliability on cheap ammo and so they wont get calls at all hours saying "my FAL is shortstroking!!!". Im also going to pull the railed top cover off for a standard one. Then finally comes the swap of the brace for a real para stock.

The shorty pistol also took a kaboom awhile back on a stranger dangers reloads(yeah I learned my lesson). So hopefully nothing is too badly mangled when I get into the guts of it. I know the bolt and locking shoulder have a little bit of damage but I dont think its enough to worry about, and I have fired it since so/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif. The connecting bolt from the brace to the lower had all sorts of aluminum shavings from where it apparently ripped on the threads during the kaboom, but it does seem as if there is enough meat left to truck on.

Then a bush rifle wouldn't be a bush rifle without some oil based baby poo paint. So we are going to paint it too.

Said bush pistol
    89qfHuAh.jpg

Inspiration
    5ec6b7ac88b101e691497402b30d822c.jpg

fe41ea87d28e6ac33ced13e1389ceea5.jpg

Rhodesian.FN_.FAL_-633x353.jpg

150254df0fdaefd636b0f6923759f2c9--firearms-rifles.jpg

fal_rhodesia_note_babypoop_camo.jpg

Background music while building said bush rifle

[video=youtube;mk5Dwg5zm2U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk5Dwg5zm2U[/video]

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    HAH!

Before I opened the thread, I was telling myself that I was going to tell him if it's not a FAL it's not a real "bush rifle"

You need to get some shorty short grape smugglers. Hope your quad game is up for it.

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    I know very little about the FAL but have always thought it was one of the best/coolest looking rifles. Yours looks particularly cool!

The pistol has always been fun and worked well. I just feel 300 blackout makes more sense in something small for shooting 30 cal out of.

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    HAH!

Before I opened the thread, I was telling myself that I was going to tell him if it's not a FAL it's not a real "bush rifle"

You need to get some shorty short grape smugglers. Hope your quad game is up for it.

Lol absolutely

I make build videos and ive contemplated making one for this one. Its just such a simple build procedure that its not really 'sexy' though.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I always thought the FAL would make a dandy 7.62 X 39 host.

Always trim or shave the bush to make the pistol grip look bigger and easier to clean.

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    I had a very productive weekend

Out with the old
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
    GiH8phrh.jpg

16" barrel installed
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
    Llbc0TYh.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
    n4tUA4Sh.jpg

It needs a new locking shoulder before test fire but thatll have to wait until after the holidays unfortunately

Now time for some paint in the mean time

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
    mLLUGFIh.jpg

[/FONT][SUB][SUP]
    [/SUP][/SUB]
    [/FONT]

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    I took the component that latches the receiever to the FCG group(lower) and welded on some material. I then hand filed it down and then stoned the piece. The gun now locks together very tightly which should help in the accuracy department. If you take note the front and rear sight are on different receivers so any play can have an effect on its inherent accuracy. There is no wobble now. Before there was quite a bit

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    I've been liking this idea for a while, any suggestions on retailers? I have Google, but I feel like I can trust reviews here more.

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    Gun is headspaced on the tighter end of things to try and get all the accuracy I can out of this girl.

Just need to paint and shes ready for test fire

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I've been liking this idea for a while, any suggestions on retailers? I have Google, but I feel like I can trust reviews here more.

If you are talking about buying or building, check out Arizona Response Systems. Mark Graham is one of the best.

chase45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2019
    Evansville
    Here you guys go. Paint is still pretty tacky, but its only been drying for 16 hours or so

Have to admit Im pretty happy with how this turned out.

svAHXx8h.jpg

[SUB][SUP][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
    excuw6xh.jpg
    [/SUP][/SUB]

[SUB][/SUB][/FONT]

Top Bottom