• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Since I had to go to Rural of the King I thought I might walk thru the show. Easy Parking, wide aisles and well lit makes this is an easy decision. Lots of new and used guns and knives with a little jewelry, sticky nuts, political hats thrown in.

There was ample AR stuff about and even one Nickel Plated AK for $4500 that some of y’all will run out to buy but hurry, it looked like there was only one.

For revolver shooters on a budget, there were lots of Tauri available. Be sure to register them for warranty.

Kitchen had good food, but a little slow. Worth the wait was my sloppy dog.

All in all a good show. However this next part puzzles me. Gun shows in general seem to attract some interesting vendors. For instance, why would one carry in and carry out his dog eared goods for sale week end and week our only to price them sky high and sleep on a full belly of biscuits and gravy not even bothering to talk or notice the shoppers walking by? Earning a good living as commission only (I think everyone should have to do this) I had to be alert and aggressive with enough courage to talk directly to my fellow man if I wanted too pay my bills without bankruptcy, a failed marriage, no career, And put my kids thru college, help them get started with homes and cars and not worry about them being a burden on our society.

Retiring from a commission only
    Career of 45 years, I now have earned the right to tell it like It is and don’t have to kass iss anymore. And I have watched some of these vendors do this for as long. Why?

anyway, this cranky old man isn’t trying to change the world, just trying to justify what I see.

Not sure what to do with my magazines....

Attachments

• 1BA10710-9A03-4F25-BBFF-AF1DDB2823A2.jpg
      1BA10710-9A03-4F25-BBFF-AF1DDB2823A2.jpg
      124.6 KB · Views: 113
    Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    For some old farts its just something to do. Many go just to socialize w other vendors.....a grumpy bastids club.

Your post may qualify you for prospective membership. Wake one of them up and ask for an application

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I only go to socialize anymore. I used to be a LOT more talkative when I was a vendor. I used to sell used cars when Button Motors was downtown so I know how to negotiate but some old guys can't be haggled.

Hookeye, sounds like a wise investment.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Only able to justify spending 1 thou
    got to say Hi to MANY--------other Dave---Brad---Jack--Danny --Terry---Pete-----Charlie------and SEVERAL Trump supporters
    To all----------Merry Christmas--and the best of a new year
    tallend

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think Hookeye has the truth of it in many cases. There are a few that are just there for the social aspect. If they make a few bucks along the way, fine. If not, no skin off their noses.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I too walked through and had a pretty good time talking with several friends. I was able to sell a couple long guns that I didnt use much and almost gave up on finding a new toy to take home. Most of the wheel guns I like are always way up there at these shows but I found this Smith & Wesson model 27-2 with 3T`s for $725. on a vender table. Went home with a smile.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I too walked through and had a pretty good time talking with several friends. I was able to sell a couple long guns that I didnt use much and almost gave up on finding a new toy to take home. Most of the wheel guns I like are always way up there at these shows but I found this Smith & Wesson model 27-2 with 3T`s for $725. on a vender table. Went home with a smile.

Definitely a good score.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

yep looked at that. Nice piece.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was baffled by that.

I find it remarkable how often I have no idea what someone on INGO is talking about in spite of being a shooter/collector for over 30 years now. This hobby has more obscure acronyms and abbreviations than a government agency.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I didn't make it to the show, but I texted with a friend and he picked up a T/C Contender barrel for me...Thanks Brian!

In .256 Win Mag :abused:

I had picked up a set of dies for a good price a few years ago, otherwise I wouldn't have been particularly interested in this barrel. Sometimes things just work out. :cool:

Top Bottom