• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have had my heart set on a LWRC SMG-45 ever since they were released at Shot Show last year. It has taken almost a whole year for them to start showing up in the wild and prices from retailers are staying strong at MSRP of $2,995. As much as I want this gun, that is more than I really want to spend.

So my question is...based upon your experiences, do you think if I wait for a while, I might see any significant reduction in price for this gun? Or will I just spend more time waiting for a gun I really want only to find that prices never really drop.

Thoughts?

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    My guess is prices won't drop anytime soon. If or when they do it'll probably only be $200 max. Just remember it's a want not a need so dont hurt yourself financially if cant afford it right now, but if it's just a didn't really want to spend that much but can afford it kinda thing, well then do it :rockwoot:

therewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    United States
    I've gotten lucky in the past, and come upon a good deal on a grail gun. My attitude is "Keep saving, be aware of the dollar values of the firearms
    you want, and when the right deal comes in view, make your move." Sometimes you get surprised. Meanwhile, just keep banking the greenbacks.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Holy cow... I don't know what that gun is (I'm old) but when I see old milsurp rifles (my interest), with prices like that, they go on my "guns I would like to have but there is no way in hell I would spend that much" list. :): That's more than I've spent on many cars that I've owned in the past. :fogey:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I doubt they will ever come down in price, mainly just do to the lack of volume. It is one of those guns that if you want it, get it while you can. With the volume being so low, I doubt they will be made very long. When they go out of production, the price of the existing ones is going up.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Kind of a post script, handled one of the LWRC SMGs, a few months back. It is an awesome gun, built to LWRC standards. Very high quality. If you want one, get one, it’s half the the price of an HK. A .45 sub gun is a hoot.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I too have been waiting for it. Looks like they are advertising on the gun as a Multi Caliber. If that is the case and there is a way to swap 9,45, etc. I would be more interested. I do not see the price going down unless like the other guy said before, maybe a couple hundred. No one ever said this was a cheap sport to be in. That said if you can't sleep at night after buying it, then don't. There are other great options out there. I personally do not think its crazy but.... I was at the Trek store the other day dropping $800 on a bike that was pretty much the cheapest one in the shop. People into biking spend $3,000 plus on bikes. I think that's nuts, same with diamonds. Guns.. Totally understandable, unless you ask my wife:runaway:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I had been watching prices for a couple weeks now. These guns prices kept creeping up on GB ($3250+) and were out of stock everywhere else online. Then I got a back-in-stock notification from Sportsman’s Outdoor and the price was only $2699! I jumped. Picking it up next week!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had been watching prices for a couple weeks now. These guns prices kept creeping up on GB ($3250+) and were out of stock everywhere else online. Then I got a back-in-stock notification from Sportsman’s Outdoor and the price was only $2699! I jumped. Picking it up next week!

Thats a good price, I got a notification today from a dealer that had one a bit under 2800.00

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Sweet! Report back with some pics. What can you gonna run on it?

Top Bottom