• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    2020 looks to be challenging for manufacturers and gun handlers such as Distributors and Wholesalers. Hoping that I am wrong my forecast sees Radical changes in in many of our manufacturers.The biggest climate change could happen to the German influenced company who spent heavily to buy the market for a quick growth squirt as they are in it so very deep. I look for us to loose several MSR companies, accessory corpororations, and consolidations for restructuring. Ammo plants on the other hand are a sub staining commodity and they may play it safe by producing at a non overtime shift arrangement but prices should stay low for our use.

again, I hope I am wrong but I plan on keeping an ear out as the SHOT show unfolds.

good luck to us all.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Personally I see a "thinning " of the herd of trump wins again in 2020, too many manufacturers making the same exact thing especially in the AR market. The market seems stagnant currently with nothing really new or exciting comming out at least as far as the general gun buying public is concerned. (IMHO 90% of people who own a firearm will never spend more than $600 on one , just seems to be a accurate observation)

That being said this year seems to be really good for high end guns, HK's new SP5 should help bring down the cost of the older HK's as well as give people access to an actual German roller lock gun at a price competitive with the better MP5 clone makers.

Also the new Dan Wesson X (think a CZ75 and a 1911 had a love child) is sweet as well but both of these firearms are $1,500+ and have a limited market.

Not sure why ammo would go up in price especially since it's been pretty stable price wise for a while (maybe a democratic win would change that in 2020?) But the only rounds I don't reload are 5.56 and 22LR so not that big of a concern for me.personally.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    What he was told by ALL his suppliers...

Id get a new supplier. Prices going up??? I call BS on that. Maybe a little if somthing changes during the election cycle in 2020 but I doubt it. If someone has not stocked up for shortages like 2012 i dont feel sorry.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    It doesn't seem to take much to light the fuse. Every Democrat Presidential candidate is promising to take your guns and a few states are already moving towards more restrictions. As the election nears there will be more loud proclamations by those that oppose President Trump as they try to convince themselves that they are relevant. I have also heard of a 5% increase in ammo prices.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I think it depends a great deal on the political climate of 2020.

Trump may keep the White House, but the antis are going full tilt at the state level, i.e. Virginia. That isn't going to ease up, but only increase in scope. Plan accordingly.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ammo prices are creeping up at the wholesale level. Box stores exiting the market may impact supply availability and keep prices down in the short term. But my opinion is ammo prices have probably seen close to the low. Brass and lead are not without cost.

firearms are cheap right now and the market is flooded.

Top Bottom