Arizona state trooper in a fight for his life, shoots, kills attacker. (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Wow...good luck trying to figure out exactly what was happening in the attacker's personal world. Shooting at 2:38 mark.

Trooper Hugh Grant ordered Al-Hashemi to pick up the sign, but he refused to obey commands even as the trooper ordered him to stop walking in the middle of the street.

Al-Hashemi then approached the police car and kicked the front grill.

The trooper used a stun gun to subdue Al-Hashemi but it didn’t stop him from rushing the officer and violently punching and kicking him.

After over a minute of fighting, the trooper, who was in a fight for his life had no choice but to fire his weapon, killing Al-Hashemi.

[video=youtube;UoipCuEab1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=228&v=UoipCuEab1M&feature=emb_ logo[/video]

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The whole point of having police is to have designated people to go out and perform violence so the average citizen does not have to. The physical risk and liability risk of intervening in an officer's use of force is so extreme that I do not begrudge anyone for passing by. There's a thousand ways for your life to be destroyed by intervening, and zero ways for your life to be destroyed by ignoring it.

I am very impressed with the trooper for staying in the fight and not giving up. Learn from him. Be like him. :yesway:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    More and more these days it seems officers have to go hands on, having proper training in open hand combatives and weapon retention in the clinch is of utmost importance. Oh, and **** a bunch of driving past an officer getting a beat down, I couldn’t respect myself for passing by.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Here's an interesting point by point breakdown of the incident, with an extensive wrap up

[video=youtube;ccXrMrY41No]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccXrMrY41No[/video]

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Read thru the posts before I watched the first video. I was going to reply that the cars were probably driving by and everyone was texting so they didn't see the incident. After watching the video I am glad I didn't say anything like that.

Holy Crap! You can see that the officer is in a fight. At the least I would hope that someone would have stopped and asked him if he needed help, or just stop and call 911. But all the brave people driving by were too caught up in their own little worlds.

If I had driving by doing nothing and later found out that the officer died I don't know how I could stand myself. I am not, nor have I ever been an officer. When I was younger I didn't have the demeanor for it and now that I am older and more level headed I don't have the body for it. I respect those that do it, even if they are desk jockies, or never get into an altercation in their career.

On a side note.... I found it odd that the squad car had a cracked windshield. I would think that a big agency would have that taken care of immediately.

AC9VT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2019
    Madison
    I could not have stopped and helped this officer had I known what was happening, this officer would have advised if to engage or not, but offering assistance would have been a moral obligation. I value his life = to mine. Perpetrator, sadly not quite so much.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok. Question for the INGO Leo...

If you were in this situation, would you want a civilian to stop and give you help, or would that complicate things? I would think in such a tense situation it would add to the stress, potentially missing and hitting an innocent civilian or trying to determine if they are friend or foe when seconds matter. I would think any second I had to take attention away from the active threat to determine somebody else’s motive could potentially be fatal. Again, I’m not an LEO and would love to know your opinion, I would not want to cause any trouble for our heroes in a moment like this so any input on what we should do to help you guys in these situations would be great information for us who want to help any way we can without interfering and causing problems. Thanks

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    Ok. Question for the INGO Leo...

If you were in this situation, would you want a civilian to stop and give you help, or would that complicate things? I would think in such a tense situation it would add to the stress, potentially missing and hitting an innocent civilian or trying to determine if they are friend or foe when seconds matter. I would think any second I had to take attention away from the active threat to determine somebody else’s motive could potentially be fatal. Again, I’m not an LEO and would love to know your opinion, I would not want to cause any trouble for our heroes in a moment like this so any input on what we should do to help you guys in these situations would be great information for us who want to help any way we can without interfering and causing problems. Thanks

Thats a great question, I would like to think I would help in a heart beat but not if the officer didn't want me to interfere.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It's come up from time to time. Just ask. "Officer do you want me to help" or similar if possible. That also helps protect you in some states, as you are now acting under the Leo's umbrella.

I've had civilians ask and I had them take handcuffs off my belt for me and help cuff when I could hold someone but not spare a hand to cuff. I know of an incident where an armed security guard intervened in an officer's ongoing gun battle after asking if he wanted help.

Top Bottom