• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I may or may not have had to fly one under the radar today. She knows about the .357 I bought (back) from a close friend 2 weeks ago. She will not know about the one that allegedly was purchased spontaneously due to how we say "a sweet a*$ deal". Luckily I work 2nd shift, and she is asleep when I get home. So if anything were to happen it's way in, it isn't so nerve racking. Oh, and this happened to a friend. Definitely not me.

Do you remember the first time you were a sneaky snake, and what was it you bought?
    430783150b6f041f729347206d88c037.jpg

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I'm not condoning dishonesty or untruth. If asked about a seen pistol purchase, I only answer that a friend needed a few dollars and the firearm is used and well cared for. I then secure firearms in safe, and when Wifey goes to visit her friends, break it out and clean and prep for range practice. Never leave safe door open, secure all firearms inside, except EDC.
    This protects against theft, and questions of when, why, how much? If asked, will be straight up answers.
    1. Used, and buddy got tired of it. Am holding it for him for a while.
    2. Used, this is a beater pistol. Have been looking for parts to repair it.
    3. Used, got some cash and traded my really old xxxx for it.
    4. Used, thought would update your nightstand gun. It isn't expensive.
    5. Used, but these have solid value, and are worth more on trades.
    6. Used, just got it for a trial basis. Probably going back soon.
    7. Honey, was the UPS guy dropping off another Dooney & Brook delivery?
    Just don't parade around and get questioned and it will get forgotten!
    Good luck.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I may or may not have had to fly one under the radar today. She knows about the .357 I bought (back) from a close friend 2 weeks ago. She will not know about the one that allegedly was purchased spontaneously due to how we say "a sweet a*$ deal". Luckily I work 2nd shift, and she is asleep when I get home. So if anything were to happen it's way in, it isn't so nerve racking. Oh, and this happened to a friend. Definitely not me.

Do you remember the first time you were a sneaky snake, and what was it you bought?
    430783150b6f041f729347206d88c037.jpg

You left out the part of just how good the deal was... that aside I say “she don’t ask, I don’t tell”. Pretty sure that’s the policy with shoes and purses. In all seriousness if all the bills are paid and it will not jeopardize putting food on the table or food in your kids mouths, sometimes you just have to jump on a good deal. Oh yeah-Glock 43 off a fellow INGO’er about a month back...

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    My wife just doesn't keep track of what I have. I pay the bills and have my own credit card so she never sees how much I've spent. This month I ordered a CAA MCK for my Glock and bought a SW 380EZ from LGS. When I went to get the 380, I told my wife I was going to talk about 1911s, since I was in the market for one. At the LGS we did talk about 1911s so I didn't lie to my wife, I just left out part of the truth!! Like Ziggy said, as long as my purchases doesn't affect the family, all is good. Part of the reason I started my brass business was for fun money. Now i don't feel guilty for my hobby expenses!

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    When I come home and go straight to the basement, my wife always ask what I bought. Sometimes I go straight down, just to keep her wondering. We've been married so long, she doesn't even ask anymore. I'm a lucky one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I don’t sneak...much. :) she’ll find out anyway. We’ve been married long enough, we don’t complain (much) about what the other buys. (A lot of that is in the prep work of getting her on board—or at least not actively resistant to the idea).

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Serial killers can keep their “hobby” secret from wife’s for years you guy’s do pretty good. I just tell her upfront and give her some cash.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Serial killers can keep their “hobby” secret from wife’s for years you guy’s do pretty good. I just tell her upfront and give her some cash.
    She'll figure it out eventually with the ole " never seen that one before". At least by then my answer to when is "awhile back". I learned quickly to be vague.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Mine has my inventory memorized. She can quickly tell if there are any changes. On the positive side, I got her a Beretta Tomcat and she will be at the range with it next week. We are seniors and she has never fired a gun. Not that I haven't tried to get her to.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Sounds like you all have “first” wives, I had to do that kind of stuff with her...now the second wife is different!
    for example (the last conversation) honey what do you think about this? (I showed her a picture of a cz scorpion 2)
    she asked how much is it?
    i replied “1100”
    she replied “wait till February and I’ll pay 550, and you can pay the rest”

the downside of the 1st vs 2nd wife was 1/2 the equity of the house (about 11 grand) but I learned my lesson on that!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    In all honesty, mine won't get mad. It has never cut into the "bill money", and her and the kids always come first. She just likes to give me a hard time. It shouldn't matter anyway considering the concert and king jacuzzi suite at the Netherland Plaza in a couple months. My brownie points are solid.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Never hide, never lie.
    If you have to, then you married the wrong one.
    Dump her.

I aint married no mo :)

Brought home a rifle today. Female at my residence asked if any used J frames were at the LGS

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Been married 32 years. We always talk...well, most of the time. This last Christi's auction I came home with 7 pistols, 3 shotguns and a rifle unannounced...we're still talking to each other though. Went to the range today, no complaints.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    My wife never made a big deal about guns, she would just tell our friends (she knows better than talk specifics to people, or anything to acquaintances) that guns would breed in the back of the safe. She goes to gunshows with me sometimes, neither a help or a hindrance. She likes to talk to people while I look at firearms. She even asks good questions most of the time, and get the seller involved, most of the time this will work in favor of me.
    Too her credit she is not stingy, nor does she want for much.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I plead the 5th.

Haven has strict orders to handle my affairs. (wipe the hard drives and make sure she knows what to sell them for, and which are heirlooms to hold back for the kids)

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    My wife's dad taught her that a man buys guns, shoots guns, owns and rides a motorcycle, goes fishing, and camping. That is just what I am supposed to do. She buys guns and shoots guns, and just may have more than me.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I never hide a buy from my wife. She really doesn't mind but she does like to bust my balls about bringing home a new gun. Back in October I rescued a model 12 shotgun, she knew Iwas buying it in advance. But when I came home with it she acted all wound up over it (while laughing), so I went and grabbed some boxers from the dresser and told her so long as I wear the boxers in the relationship I will buy what I please...we both had a good laugh and then she checked out the gun

Top Bottom