• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Via Good ol' TFB, ATF Changes Form 4473 - The “Sex” box has been revised to include a third option of “Non-Binary”.

[FONT=&amp]Changes to the Form 4473 include the following:

• In general, the Draft Form 4473 no longer has references to “See Instruction for…” to highlight on the Form that there is an instruction for the specific box.

[/FONT]

• Section C is now the Section wherein the Transferor records Transferee identification information and NICS / Background check information.
        • The “Supplemental Government Issued Documentation” box has been revised to include a statement highlighting the space should also be completed if the photographic identification does not include their full legal name.
        • A new box has been created in which the Transferor will record “Official Military Orders Establishing Permanent Change of Station (PCS); PCS Base/City and State; PCS Effective Date; PCS Order Number (if any)”.

• Section D is now the Section wherein the Transferee would sign to recertify that their answers are still true and correct when the transfer of the firearm(s) occur on a different day than the date on which they originally completed and signed the form.

• Section E is new, and is now the Section in which the FFL has the “For Use by Licensee” box, the Name/Address/FFL Number box, and the certification / signature.

• [*=left]The box for “Transferor/Seller’s Title” has been removed.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And yet, stating something false on the 4473 is a potential felony.

Allegedly.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    On December 26, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives issued a 60-day notice seeking public comment on the new revision of the Form 4473

Proposed, public comment, your input means nothing.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I would love to know what chromosomes the non-binary people have that the rest of us apparently lack.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh. I've got bigger fish to fry. (like the abysmal rate of prosecution of straw purchasers and those that lie on the form.)

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Even if they want to include more options this doesn’t make sense. The 4473 asks for sex and not gender identity. The only two options for biological sex are already present. :dunno:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    While everyone is focusing on the gender there is something extremely sinister in the proposed changes. Question 26 b. "26.b. Supplemental Government Issued Documentation (if identification document does not show current residence address or full legal name).' It's the full legal name that's going to stop a lot of purchases. There's a lot of drivers license that either abbreviates the middle name or omits it all together. Most people would be hard pressed to produce a government issued ID with their full middle name if their drivers license doesn't have it on it.. Check your wallet and I'll bet you can't find one. Look around your important papers and I bet you will not find one suitable for ID purposes. I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I know it will stop quite a few sales at my store and I would also bet there isn't going to be too many FFL's willing to risk the wrath of the FED's by ignoring it.

Top Bottom