• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Hadn't been in Rural King for a while but stopped in Bloomington today and noticed they've started selling used guns which I hadn't noticed before. Curious if they all sell used guns and who is actually the person you deal with when selling a used gun at RK? From dealing with some of the gun counter guys, not sure how well this would work out.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Used? Liabilities!

Liabilities isn't really a question after watching a junewad salesman coonfinger a handgun while sweeping everyone in the place. Even though, I'm not responsible enough to even look at a gun
    without a trigger lock on it. Just hope the same knucklehead high school kid ain't doing the used pricing index. But on the other hand, that same imbecile could price a used gun fairly low for resale.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so I was at gander mountain a few years ago looking through the used gun cases when I saw a used Ruger 22/45 lite for like 400 or so and just a few cases down was a brand new Ruger 22/45 just like it for the exact same price. I pointed it out to the employee, he said that’s what the manager gave for it, so that’s what we have to get for it, he won’t adjust the price.

how long till that happens at rural king?

i guess my next question would be was it used or surplus?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Bloomington is the only store in Indiana that buys, trades and sells used guns. It is a test store and one store in Kentucky is also testing. Hope to soon see this in all Rural Kings store this year!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I keep everything I buy now, have been for the past few years. Done being "junior gun trader" guy...you get ripped off. :twocents:

I'm getting close to this. I kept all my guns for years and years. Then I decided to start actually shooting them so I have, for the past couple years been buying and selling to get to that mix of firearms that I would use and I am mostly there.

I have found that when I was selling my older firearms, I made money on the sale. With newer stuff, I lost money but I figured that was my price to see what I liked. A rental fee so to speak.

I have one Trap shotgun that I may let go since shooting clay's hasn't materialized for me.

I am not a fan or Rural King since you can't check out the trigger due to their locks.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I'm getting close to this. I kept all my guns for years and years. Then I decided to start actually shooting them so I have, for the past couple years been buying and selling to get to that mix of firearms that I would use and I am mostly there.

I have found that when I was selling my older firearms, I made money on the sale. With newer stuff, I lost money but I figured that was my price to see what I liked. A rental fee so to speak.

I have one Trap shotgun that I may let go since shooting clay's hasn't materialized for me.

I am not a fan or Rural King since you can't check out the trigger due to their locks.

I was trying to find a holster for my s&w 642. Asked the guy behind the counter to remove the trigger lock of a pistol in the case to see if it would fit. Talk about a goat show.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Bloomington is the only store in Indiana that buys, trades and sells used guns. It is a test store and one store in Kentucky is also testing. Hope to soon see this in all Rural Kings store this year!

The Rural King in Greenwood sells used guns. I was in there about 4 months ago and they had a case full of used stuff.

Top Bottom