• guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    Midsouth had a Major problem

Just a warning to be very careful with any orders since at least Thursday,

I placed an order with them on Thursday only to later find it was pending due to the card being declined. Knowing somethings wrong since we have no credit issues and always pay the entire bill off each month I called Chase. They stated that they suspected the charge was suspicious but since it was me confirming I did place the order they told me to resubmit it and the allowed the charge. Now I get emails from Midsouth stating that they have had a programming problem and "your card was pushed through multiple times" OVER 100 times!

I get another email stating they have corrected the situation I would be seeing refunds over the next 24-48 hours....really...over 10k of charges and neither CHASE nor Midsouth stopped it?

So, I would not place any orders till MidSouth proves fully this is fixed and will not happen again.

How do you know it's fraud....every new charge except the orginal has a order/confirmation code that says FU 2020! No Kidding and still they can't detect and stop over 100 identical charges like this.

MidSouth is a great company but this is beyond NOK and I wanted all to check their charges if you've placed orders with them or other gun related sites. I will post if when this is resolved also as I know they are trying.

Attachments

• 2020.jpg
      2020.jpg
      7.6 KB · Views: 21
    • Midsouth.JPG
      Midsouth.JPG
      59.6 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That sounds more like a processing error/ scripting glitch than a hack. In this case their developers fat fingered code and it kept retrying because it thought it failed, even though it successfully charged your card.

If it were a hack, your info would have been siphoned off and you would have seen charges from other random websites.

Are you related to INGOer Spike Jones 5 2002? LOL

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    Cameramonkey....I meant to say they were hacked. Clearly over $15,000 in duplicate charges with the confirmation code "FU 2020!" means they were compromised maliciously.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hey you leave Spike alone!!! Everybody needs to know at least one **** magnet; he helps make life easier for everyone around him.

Oh and more entertaining too!!:laugh:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cameramonkey....I meant to say they were hacked. Clearly over $15,000 in duplicate charges with the confirmation code "FU 2020!" means they were compromised maliciously.

Ah. Ok, sorry. Now I understand exactly what you meant.

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    Was able to speak with Midsouth's general manager today on this. He assured me this was a program error in their ordering system due to the 2020 year code change. Since my order was placed initially on 12/31 and then updated on 1/1 I can believe this. He assured me that it has been corrected.

He also stated that it affected >150 customers for >$200,000! The FU 2020! was a code they added to the mistaken charges for "File Under 2020! that they added once the issue was detected for tracking of these charges. Can't imagine a worse code name :rolleyes:

So they have credited me back for almost $16,000 (no type here)! Amazing their system could do this and that Chase CC could allow it....hundreds of the same amount duplicated in seconds.

Anyway, will buy from them again.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So they have credited me back for almost $16,000 (no type here)! Amazing their system could do this and that Chase CC could allow it....hundreds of the same amount duplicated in seconds.

Anyway, will buy from them again.

Well, if Chase was cool with approving hundreds of charges for an identical amount, I don't see why they'd balk at approving an equal number of refunds.

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    I just placed an order a few days ago with midsouth and everything went fine.

Shred

Good to hear.

Chase refund posted today...one giant lump sum so I'm sure I'm on some money laundering/terrorist watch list now :dunno::):

Original purchase (order 1 of 176) arrives tomorrow :rolleyes:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So when you get your semi-truck delivery, will you be having a sale?

Let's see.... I need an AR builders tool set, some backpacks and more 9mm brass. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom