• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    What is Walmart's official gun policy? Do they PREFER you not carry? Do they not want you to OPEN carry? Do they (or any businesses) have to post a sign stating their policies?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    https://corporate.walmart.com/policies#firearms-and-ammunition-guidelines

Open Carry of Firearms
    Motivated by our desire to create a safe environment in our stores and clubs, we request that customers no longer openly carry firearms into Walmart or Sam’s Club locations in states where open carry is permitted – unless they are authorized law enforcement. As of September 2019, we are working to create and display new signage to help communicate this policy.
    We will continue to follow state and local laws regarding concealed carry permit holders.

IMHO, per policy, us Hoosier with a LTCH may open carry, as we have been authorized (via the LTCH) by ISP to carry as we see fit.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I believe the key thing to note is the term "request".

The final line about state and local laws is also telling.

Anti-gun virtue signaling.
    :puke:

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I personnally dont see the need to open carry, you have no need for anyone to see you open carry, I worked at a security company as a armed guard and a bodyguard,and was told NOT to wear jackets saying you are security or anything telegraphing you MIGHT be carrying a sidearm when you are NOT on duty.You are losing the element of surprise and painting a BIG TARGET on yourself.In certain instances YOU will be the FIRST ONE shot because thug SAW you might/probably have a gun and you wont see it coming because you WILL be shot in the back.Like president roosevelt said WALK QUIETLY and carry a BIG STICK.IN MY OPINION.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I personnally dont see the need to open carry, you have no need for anyone to see you open carry, I worked at a security company as a armed guard and a bodyguard,and was told NOT to wear jackets saying you are security or anything telegraphing you MIGHT be carrying a sidearm when you are NOT on duty.You are losing the element of surprise and painting a BIG TARGET on yourself.In certain instances YOU will be the FIRST ONE shot because thug SAW you might/probably have a gun and you wont see it coming because you WILL be shot in the back.Like president roosevelt said WALK QUIETLY and carry a BIG STICK.IN MY OPINION.

I think you're looking for this thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry-issues-self-defense/71996-open-carry-argument.html

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Let's keep in mind, they can trespass you for any reason. They already put it out there that they don't want to see your scary gun, especially in the shampoo isle.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    No big deal just conceal it and go in. I use to be an open carry guy as i got older and the culture has changed I went to conceal carry. What people don't know doesn't scare them.

Top Bottom