• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    For those who are not inclined to face the un-washed masses at the 1500.

Martinsville the 11th and 12th of Jan. At the National Guard Armory. Sat. 9am to 5pm. Sun. 9a to 3pm $5 gate fee. Crop dusting, as always, FREE.

Seymour same dates at The Pines just east of town on US 31 I think.

I'm probably gonna hit Martinsville. I need nothing, but might find a treasure or two.

Used to go to the 1500 on the regular, but the goat roping parking was the last straw.

Last edited:

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I'll probably check out Martinsville on Saturday morning. Don't feel like dealing with Indianapolis and I think that I'll have better luck trying to sell my Iver Johnson M1 Carbine and .30 ammo there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back from Martinsville. Parking was crazy. I was surprised to see how many people showed up given the weather. Nothing followed me home, but there were a ton of nice old .22 rifles at good prices. I was tempted by a few but held off.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I miss pocket traders.

I didn't find anything I was terribly interested in & the things I did have some interest in were a bit high.

There are a few things I would like to get ftf. As much as I really don't want to fight the parking, crowd, cropdusting, greenteeth, odd odors, foul odors & such like I will probably have to make a trip to the 1500 next time.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Just got back from Martinsville. Parking was crazy. I was surprised to see how many people showed up given the weather. Nothing followed me home, but there were a ton of nice old .22 rifles at good prices. I was tempted by a few but held off.

There were alot of nice Boys 22s at the show, real good quality.. I have heard that lots of the shows were going out and recruiting dealers to bring in 22s to the 1st shows.. Its some kind of 22 for 2020 special presentation. I do miss pocket traders also. :(

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    How’s the Martinsville show?? Would like to get my hands on some powder and maybe an AR9 upper, thinking about going tomorrow (Sunday)

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Elkhart show report: They moved it to the new building just east of the museum.
    Lighting in the new building is very nice and rows were wide enough to easily walk.
    Hard to believe they built it in 5 months during a very wet year.
    Was a good way to spend a wet day.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How’s the Martinsville show?? Would like to get my hands on some powder and maybe an AR9 upper, thinking about going tomorrow (Sunday)

There was quite a bit of reloading stuff, including what looked to be a good selection of powders. I wasn't looking for anything, so I don't have any details though.

I'm heading back down today (Sunday). I want to give some of the .22s a second look.

Top Bottom