• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    According to the story, the subsequent renter "wants answers".... Answers to what? That a dumb a** left something as important as a weapon and his badge in a drawer when he checked out?

I don't think there is any additional "answers" to be "want[ed]" here, it seems as simple as a bad case of stupid. Hopefully, a temporary case of stupid, but stupid nonetheless.

When I travel, I travel armed, but I ALWAYS make sure I have my weapon when departing. Not to say that I will never make a mistake, but carrying a firearm, especially as a LEO, by its very nature includes special responsibilities.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    At the 1500 gun show they once made an announcement on a Sunday morning alerting “so and so” that his hotel called the show to say he had left his gun in the hotel room when he checked out :ugh:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    op0g4EP.jpg

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    This is why Educating your children about gun safety is so important even if you don't own one. You teach them to be safe around cars, pools, kitchen knives, and so on, but never firearms they may encounter at someone else's home. Never could figure that one out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is why Educating your children about gun safety is so important even if you don't own one. You teach them to be safe around cars, pools, kitchen knives, and so on, but never firearms they may encounter at someone else's home. Never could figure that one out.

It should be taught in every school.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    According to the story, the subsequent renter "wants answers".... Answers to what? That a dumb a** left something as important as a weapon and his badge in a drawer when he checked out?

I don't think there is any additional "answers" to be "want[ed]" here, it seems as simple as a bad case of stupid. Hopefully, a temporary case of stupid, but stupid nonetheless.

When I travel, I travel armed, but I ALWAYS make sure I have my weapon when departing. Not to say that I will never make a mistake, but carrying a firearm, especially as a LEO, by its very nature includes special responsibilities.

This is why we can't have nice things.

That one got me too. Sounds like he is not willing to let go of his brief moment of fame and wants to stay in the limelight a bit longer. The answer is simple. Dumbass deputy left a pocket pistol in the drawer and the cleaning staff did a half-assed job of prepping the room between visitors.

Apparently, the idiot made a big enough deal about it in front of his kids that they ‘were scared all night’. He should have praised the kids for being smart about not touching it and then given the hotel hell in private. No need to traumatize the kids over a ‘scary’ gun.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    That one got me too. Sounds like he is not willing to let go of his brief moment of fame and wants to stay in the limelight a bit longer. The answer is simple. Dumbass deputy left a pocket pistol in the drawer and the cleaning staff did a half-assed job of prepping the room between visitors.

Apparently, the idiot made a big enough deal about it in front of his kids that they ‘were scared all night’. He should have praised the kids for being smart about not touching it and then given the hotel hell in private. No need to traumatize the kids over a ‘scary’ gun.

You bring up a good point. Makes me wonder what else in these kids' lives is the dad "catastrophizing," making such a huge deal over perceived slights or wrongs.

My concern is he is setting these kids up to make a huge deal out of everything, like stage one of perpetual victimhood.

Or, it could be just as simple as someone who hates the police, and wants to make the biggest deal possible out of a stupid and potentially dangerous mistake.

Or a little of both.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    You bring up a good point. Makes me wonder what else in these kids' lives is the dad "catastrophizing," making such a huge deal over perceived slights or wrongs.

My concern is he is setting these kids up to make a huge deal out of everything, like stage one of perpetual victimhood.

Or, it could be just as simple as someone who hates the police, and wants to make the biggest deal possible out of a stupid and potentially dangerous mistake.

Or a little of both.

All good points. What some maybe overlooking though, bad mistake aside this did happen in California so that might explain the Victimhood approach by the parents

I can see the commercial now "Did your kids find a gun in an AIRBNB? If so you might be owed compensation just complain about it enough"

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    All good points. What some maybe overlooking though, bad mistake aside this did happen in California so that might explain the Victimhood approach by the parents

I can see the commercial now "Did your kids find a gun in an AIRBNB? If so you might be owed compensation just complain about it enough"

Don't give Ken Nunn any ideas.

Top Bottom