• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Not many of these shows have gun parts available anymore. This one will have a guy with tons of OEM gun parts in various conditions.

I am not associated in any way with the show, all I know is it in in the community center across from the Dollar Store in Ferdinand.

In the past I was able to get an easily restored black diamond butt stock for a Winchester 1897 for $15, if that gives you any ideas...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was wondering about this one, GREAT SHOW! On the small side but just about every booth is quality. Also coming up is the Huntingburg show Feb 15-16.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Not many of these shows have gun parts available anymore. This one will have a guy with tons of OEM gun parts in various conditions.

I am not associated in any way with the show, all I know is it in in the community center across from the Dollar Store in Ferdinand.

In the past I was able to get an easily restored black diamond butt stock for a Winchester 1897 for $15, if that gives you any ideas...

Guy has (had?) black hair, glasses, John Deere hat usually, kinda inbred acting? Yeah, about him...

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I'm hoping to make it into this one saturday between smoking butts in the morning and delivering food for a catering gig at 5.

Hopefully the drive is worth it.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well, I'll be stuck at the show in Lafayette at a table selling raffle tickets for my VFW...

$1 buys you a shot at a 10/22 charger takedown with a Copper Custom brace adapter, brace, and red dot.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not sure why but I am pretty excited for the show tomorrow. Thinking about taking a CZ 452 Varmint to possibly sell or trade but I don't know how well that goes with this show.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The place is packed with tables and overflowing with people. Tables full of neat stuff. I picked up a decent stock for my Win 62 for $20. Got an unmolested stock for an old Stevens single shot 12ga for $25.

Take a shoehorn and Vaseline to get down the isles and you will do better than I did...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Always a good show and this year was especially good I think. Probably 70%/30% used guns to new with lots of nice older handguns and rifles. Saw some really nice examples of a S&W 1913 in .35 S&W, a couple pretty FN/Browning 1910s and a very nice but spendy Browning 1971.

I took a Beretta 81 and a like new LCP II to sell or trade. Sold the Beretta to the first dealer in the door and traded the LCP to the third with cash for a nice Para Ordnance P-14. Several vry good condition Norinco SKSs for $425-$450, some reasonably priced common S&W revolvers, and lots of odds and ends. I may even go back tomorrow.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Ferdinand?
    Why did Indiana name a city after a bull? :dunno:

Stolen shamelessly from the Indiana Historical Society records.

Ferdinand, Indiana was established in 1840 by Father Joseph Kundek, a Catholic priestoriginally from Croatia. Father Kundek wanted to establish two Catholic towns on the roadfrom Troy to Jasper. Ferdinand was the first of these two towns. Father Kundek beganbuying the land which would become Ferdinand Township in December 1839. He namedthe town Ferdinandsstadt (alternatively called Ferdinand or St. Ferdinand in his letters),after the Emperor of Austria. Father Kundek intended for the town to be settled byGerman-speaking Catholic immigrants. To attract these settlers, he advertised inCincinnati's Catholic publication, Der Wahrheitsfreund, and spoke to Catholic Germancommunities

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Sorry I missed you Mauser Mike. I was on a whirlwind visit today. I had to get up to Celestine for a whole sirloin and back home for my son's B-day.

I watched for you yesterday, but in that crowd, it's hard to spot someone.

I had a good show there, like usual.

Top Bottom