• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Does anyone know if this guy is still making guns? a buddy of mine was his wifes cousin and ive met him etc he had some really good guns he was making...Slrs,amd 65s...i cant really find much on the web on him just wondering if someone may know...

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Doesn't look like it. Last I heard/read Gordon Tech had moved away from gun builds and switched back to parts. He was accidentally "killed off" on the AK Forum four years ago, but I don't know if he's still around or not.

Fun side note - Jerry invented the trigger that nearly everyone with an AK has in their home right now. Guess what the "G" in "G2" stands for :cool:

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    tonight i dug up an old forum post they said he passed away... i was at his house in cedar lake in the mid 90s he was building a boatload of SLRs with milled receivers and he mentioned the trigger, i also read he sold the patent to tapco... that sucks he was a pretty straight guy i was hoping to buy a couple of aks from him...

Last edited:

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    tonight i dug up an old forum post they said he passed away... i was at his house in cedar lake in the mid 90s he was building a boatload of SLRs with milled receivers and he mentioned the trigger, i also read he sold the patent to tapco... that sucks he was a pretty straight guy i was hoping to buy a couple of aks from him...

That's some pretty cool history you have with him and his family. I'm a recent transplant to Indiana, but am somewhat familiar with his work from my time spent on the AK Files and other combloc enthusiast forums. His guns are still out there, but you'll likely need to search the secondhand market to score one for yourself. There's an SSR-99 on Gunbroker right now with no bids. It ends in seven hours from the time of this posting. $1,400ish asking price. In my personal GB experience it never hurts to contact the seller directly and make a private offline offer, but even if the seller turns you down on that, $1,400 still seems in line with the current market on these rifles.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851061100

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I had one of his milled AK’s several years ago. Nice rifle that had a battlefield pick up look to it.

I wish I still had it.

Pj49

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    Valparaiso
    That's some pretty cool history you have with him and his family. I'm a recent transplant to Indiana, but am somewhat familiar with his work from my time spent on the AK Files and other combloc enthusiast forums. His guns are still out there, but you'll likely need to search the secondhand market to score one for yourself. There's an SSR-99 on Gunbroker right now with no bids. It ends in seven hours from the time of this posting. $1,400ish asking price. In my personal GB experience it never hurts to contact the seller directly and make a private offline offer, but even if the seller turns you down on that, $1,400 still seems in line with the current market on these rifles.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851061100

yeah i wish i wouldve bought one when i had hundreds to choose from but at that time the babies needed food and clothes LOL but i have a buddy that bought two and still has them im trying to work out a deal with him :)

Top Bottom