• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Anyone know if they are using metal detectors at the home show? Trying to decide if I should carry or not.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fairgrounds "Administrative Code" changed several years ago. Only carry a firearm if buying/selling that firearm. No carry on state fair property at all, otherwise.

80 IAC 11-2-2 Deadly weapons prohibited
    Authority: IC 15-13-2-9 Affected: IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7 Indiana Administrative Code Page 2 GENERAL OPERATIONS
    Sec. 2.
    (a) This section does not apply to a federal, state, or local law enforcement officer or to a person who has been employed or authorized by the commission to provide security protection and services.
    (b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds, unless that person can demonstrate that the deadly weapon is intended for sale or trade at an event that is taking place on the fairgrounds.
    (c) Except as provided in subsection (a), any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgrounds is subject to immediate confiscation by persons authorized under section 3 of this rule.
    (d) Any person properly licensed to carry a firearm must secure the firearm in a locked compartment of his or her vehicle, and it shall not be visible to passersby. (State Fair Commission; 80 IAC 11-2-2; filed Nov 7, 2016, 3:46 p.m.: 20161207-IR080160210FRA)

No idea if they are using metal detectors. Suspect not.

I am kinda bummed. We used to go to the Home Show, RV Show, Boat/sport/travel show, etc.... Change in policy has resulted in loss of my business.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    My wife had been talking about going down next Saturday for the home show this year. We haven't been for awhile. I wasn't aware of the rule change for carrying on fair grounds. I guess they don't want me to make the trip.

I could do the "concealed means concealed" thing, but if they don't want me to carry there, I just won't attend.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Fairgrounds "Administrative Code" changed several years ago. Only carry a firearm if buying/selling that firearm. No carry on state fair property at all, otherwise.

No idea if they are using metal detectors. Suspect not.

I am kinda bummed. We used to go to the Home Show, RV Show, Boat/sport/travel show, etc.... Change in policy has resulted in loss of my business.

We know this is not enforced during the 1500, and except for during the State Fair I don't know of "being on the grounds" being enforced. From what I understand if they enforce it, then a challenge under Indiana's preemption statute will happen.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We know this is not enforced during the 1500, and except for during the State Fair I don't know of "being on the grounds" being enforced. From what I understand if they enforce it, then a challenge under Indiana's preemption statute will happen.
    The State Fair Board is a State Agency. "Preemption" has no effect on them.

Top Bottom