Join INGunOwners For Free

Poll: Which would you have to procure and rely on in SHTF? 9mm JHP, or 45acp FMJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Thought experiment poll: 9mm-JHP VS. 45-FMJ

Which would you have to procure and rely on? 9mm hollow points, or 45acp full metal jacket?
    Last edited by HamYankee; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:20.
    “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

User Info Menu

I reload and shoot both calibers. Nothing scientific, but I like the bigger hole created by 230gn round nose.
    "Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone"

User Info Menu

Bacon. Bacon is always the correct answer. If not it is always 45

User Info Menu

I seriously think The Walking Dead or The Road type economic collapse is a lil far fetched. No ones running through tubs of ammo. If one is constantly getting into firefights, they're doing it wrong and wont last very long to even be worried about ammo inventory.

9mm or 45acp? Matters none. I trust the SME's who do this for a living. There are no advantages to 45acp over 9mm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Agree and that’s kind of why I think the ammo capacity of 9mm is a bit of a mute point, unless you’re a pro/SME.
    “We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

User Info Menu

I figure I would just find a case of .45 ACP Hollowpoints and a case of canned bacon. Or Vienna Sausages. Gotta love those slimey lil suckers
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

User Info Menu

The solution is to have a viable qty of defensive ammo on hand. I really can't imagine any scenario where I would ever deplete 1000 rounds of defensive handgun ammo.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

. I figure I would just find a case of .45 ACP Hollowpoints and a case of canned bacon. Or Vienna Sausages. Gotta love those slimey lil suckers
    WHY is that one cannot find a case (or a can) of reasonably priced canned bacon anymore? Pop, a penultimate cold warrior, used to keep a few cans of the Dak brand around. I haven't seen it in years, but even then it was kind of expensive.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

Plinker

User Info Menu

9mm all day long

User Info Menu

I'll go with a bigger hole and more penetration.

Wait, what thread is this?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast