Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Semi-Moderator
    Bigtanker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Something about T/C Contenders I did not know.

    Lunkers TV did a video with Demo Ranch. One of the guns they were using was a T/C Contender in .44 Magnum. I had no idea the trigger system worked like this. I thought it was a hang fire.



    Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

    How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

    # 22951

  2. #2
    Midnight Rider

    User Info Menu

    I think it might be stretch for those guys to say that it went off in a safe direction?

    Hookeye will be along soon to educate us on what might be wrong with that Contender, I'd bet.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    I think it might be stretch for those guys to say that it went off in a safe direction?

    Hookeye will be along soon to educate us on what might be wrong with that Contender, I'd bet.
    I hope something is wrong with it. That's a terrible design if there's not.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster bcannon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I hope something is wrong with it. That's a terrible design if there's not.
    Agreed 100%. Not that I've ever been interested in TCs after seeing that I dont think I'll ever be

  5. #5
    Expert Nazgul's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I have had an Encore for 10+ years without any issues. There must be something wrong with it.

    Don

  6. #6
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    TC's have a dry fire feature that allows the shooter to dry fire without ammo and without cocking the hammer. The first click you heard when he pulled the trigger was dry fire, releasing the internal tension on the trigger. Then he pulled the hammer back, (dropping the hammer block) and let it fly forward into the firing pin.

    Essentially the same as holding the trigger back on an old single action revolver and fanning the hammer.

    Be familiar with your firearms.

  7. #7
    Marksman Whip_McCord's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Great description of what happened, Hawkeye. I'm surprised that most of the commenters seem to think a pistol that has been around for several decades was designed to do that and/or had an inherent trigger flaw. Of course it was operator error and not bad gun design. I have two contender frames (each w/ 9 oz triggers) and 9 barrels and have never had an issue, other than some worn parts repaired under their lifetime warranty. I'm sure Hawkeye has had similar experiences with T/Cs being a work horse. He's been shooting them longer than me now, since our club no longer shoots IHMSA silhouette matches. The only thing wrong with that Contender was the nut behind the trigger.

  8. #8
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye7br View Post
    TC's have a dry fire feature that allows the shooter to dry fire without ammo and without cocking the hammer. The first click you heard when he pulled the trigger was dry fire, releasing the internal tension on the trigger. Then he pulled the hammer back, (dropping the hammer block) and let it fly forward into the firing pin.

    Essentially the same as holding the trigger back on an old single action revolver and fanning the hammer.

    Be familiar with your firearms.
    I would agree if he were holding the trigger back. If I pull the trigger on my single action revolver (without cocking the hammer), and then cock the hammer back, the hammer stays cocked until I pull the trigger, so not really the same thing. Not saying that the TC isn't designed the way you said it is, and yes one should be familiar with their firearms, but that's unlike any firearm design I've seen (not being familiar with TC's).

  9. #9
    Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Matter of time before someone has an injury or worse and the ambulance chasers get involved. Get your TC while you can, if you want one.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Matter of time before someone has an injury or worse and the ambulance chasers get involved. Get your TC while you can, if you want one.
    Well, in all fairness, like Whip said, they've been around for decades, so I don't think they're in danger of going anywhere soon.


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge