• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So, I'm building an AR. The upper came with those little round holes that you can attach a sling to, however the stock does not have one. What is that little hole mount called? I'd like to find a stock that has it.

Also fun news I bought a new m&p ez 9mm the other night. I'm in need of a good holster for it. It may end up with a light/laser on the front so it would be nice if the holster would work with that. If not, it's not a big deal.

So thoughts?

Thanks!
    FMJ

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    For holsters, I would select the light/laser for your handgun, and then the holster. Otherwise the fit may be off. When selecting your holster too, make sure that you decide whether you would like the mag release covered or not. I like my OWB holster because the mag release is protected, but administrative reloads are more challenging.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I personally like the one point sling attachment on the end plate like this one.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100326041
    Or
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016446063
    There are several brands out to choose from.
    Have you ran a Carbine course with a single point? I used to use single points way back, until I took my first course. Two point from then on. Getting whacked in the junk on transitions is no fun, not to mention the rifle flopping about whilst doing many non shooting tasks, like taking a knee.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I understand the pitfalls of a single point sling setup. I nearly always run dual point. I do like the option of switching over to single point should the situation be better for it. I don't "patrol" with the rifle enough to know where comfort might be needed, after hours and hours of carry.

I really like QD swivel points all around, on the stock, end plate and front handguard.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Have you ran a Carbine course with a single point? I used to use single points way back, until I took my first course. Two point from then on. Getting whacked in the junk on transitions is no fun, not to mention the rifle flopping about whilst doing many non shooting tasks, like taking a knee.

Those days are long gone for me. Taking a knee would mean trying to get back up lol. I use them while hunting or to carry target shooting, or when my dog alerts me something is out side that should not be at night.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    QD = flush cup. A strange alternate name, I know. Not all QD fit together either.

Top Bottom