• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    So, I've gotten myself my first 10mm. I really like it.
    SR1911 10mm for anyone who wondered.

How do all of you see the 10mm. This is NOT directly a caliber flame war, but I'm sure that will come up. Just wondering the general INGO feeling on the round.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    First of all, I don't have one. I have entertained the idea though, as an Indiana deer pistol and bear protection, if I should ever find a need.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My Montana/Outwest gun is a Glock 20 with Buffalo Bore. 220gr hard cast lead about 1150 FPS and just shy of 700 ft. Lbs. good for bear, great for *******s. 10mm and 1911’s were never a good match, full power loads beat the hell out of the frame and slide.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I'm watching the 10mm come back with great interest. I don't own one yet but it's high on the list of things to acquire.
    My current bear repellant is a .454 Casull, and it will certainly harvest deer if called upon. The appeal of a fast reloading semi-auto does make sense to me though.

I'm still waiting for a platform that really says yes to me. I agree the 1911 really wasn't intended for that sort of horsepower. I don't like Glocks, and Springfield? I'm still joining in being mad at them so the 10mm XD isn't an option.

So I wait, and dream about Coonans. I hope they survive.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    BEST MM!

I only have an RIA 1911 in 10mm right now but I'll eventually have an SBR in 10 either a Kriss Vector the APC10 whenever B&T gets around to releasing it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm watching the 10mm come back with great interest. I don't own one yet but it's high on the list of things to acquire.
    My current bear repellant is a .454 Casull, and it will certainly harvest deer if called upon. The appeal of a fast reloading semi-auto does make sense to me though.

I'm still waiting for a platform that really says yes to me. I agree the 1911 really wasn't intended for that sort of horsepower. I don't like Glocks, and Springfield? I'm still joining in being mad at them so the 10mm XD isn't an option.

The Sig P220 is another option.

https://lipseysguns.com/sig-sauer-p220-10mm-exclusives/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Haven’t tried Underwood, but it seems equal to the Buffalo Bore.

It actually runs cleaner than the Buffalo Bore I have used.

OP, Be careful how hot you run that Ruger. I am not familiar enough with the gun to say yes or no to the full house 10mm loads available. Do some research before you put the gun into that arena. I am not a fan of the metallurgy in the SR series. I have owned a few and modified a couple. They seem fine for the average shooter and the price point is entry level for a 10mm of any real worth. If you do run those loads pay close attention to the contact points in the frame/slide/barrel.

I myself would not put that gun into that arena.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have a springer TRP that we re-fit into a 10mm configuration. It is a beast. But even on that platform I pay close attention to the internals.
    There are ways to control the recoil effects in a 1911. Yes it does require some effort and a bit of expense.

solarpimp

Plinker
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    I own a Kimber Custom II GFO in 10mm and a Glock 40, which is, to me, the absolute essential platform. I have been on the 10 band wagon for 25 years and have owned numerous Glock 20's, Glock 29's, and even a 1006 back in the day. To me, for the longest time, many manufactures "detuned" their 10mm loads, which really didn't give it a lot of separation from the 40. One can certainly handload full power loads, but as mentioned here, be wary if you're shooting a 1911 platform. The Glocks will take it. I haven't been lucky enough to try any of the offerings from Tanfoglio (EAA), Springfield (XD) or Sig. I don't know why S&W hasn't entertained a M&P 10mm, they'd surely sell like hotcakes! I did see that CZ released a 10mm DWX Model, but it'll cost you your first born!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kif-y-DDBAc

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd absolutely LOVE to have a 1cm gun. But I absolutely positively cannot, in any way, justify the cost of A) the gun, B) the ammo, or C) any kind of holster

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have a couple 10mm pistols and love the round. Sig 180 gr. FMJ is great ammo for the caliber. Most are in the 1000 FPS anemic range. It’s like buying a 357 Magnum and only feeding it 38s. My Ruger has had its fair share of Sig run in it. It gets inspected when takes down for cleaning. The 2011 is just stupid fun...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I own a Kimber Custom II GFO in 10mm and a Glock 40, which is, to me, the absolute essential platform. I have been on the 10 band wagon for 25 years and have owned numerous Glock 20's, Glock 29's, and even a 1006 back in the day. To me, for the longest time, many manufactures "detuned" their 10mm loads, which really didn't give it a lot of separation from the 40. One can certainly handload full power loads, but as mentioned here, be wary if you're shooting a 1911 platform. The Glocks will take it. I haven't been lucky enough to try any of the offerings from Tanfoglio (EAA), Springfield (XD) or Sig. I don't know why S&W hasn't entertained a M&P 10mm, they'd surely sell like hotcakes! I did see that CZ released a 10mm DWX Model, but it'll cost you your first born!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kif-y-DDBAc

OK that CZ is getting me just a bit too excited.
    I need a moment alone.

I am hearing rumors of a 10mm conversion for my personal favorite CZ the 97.

Top Bottom