• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Okay so really just a vent post here I guess. I am all about supply and demand but this place is over the top, $400 over MSRP and on top of that the 3% CC fee. I can't stand 3% charges for using a credit card in a store. I get that on Gunbroker some sellers do that and I disagree with that too but at least it is clearly noted on the auction. It's not even the $400 over I get that since they are selling like hot cakes but man you think you could at least not slam with with 3% on top. lol.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't like it either, but they do have little signs up by each of the cash registers about the 3%.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I think thats a bunch of bull, if you dont like those terms, let them know you wont buy because of that, I think its very misleading and dishonest,just trying to get a few more bucks out of you.If the price isnt reasonable with surcharges,dont buy,thats all you can do.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Then again those paying with cash might think it's not right cause they're paying another 3% built into the lowest price they can obtain to cover cc fees they don't require.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I can live with the 3% charge for cards. I don't necessarily agree with it, but understand why a small business would have this policy. If that is the policy, then be prepared for cash transactions which means have adequate change on hand. That's one of my pet peeves. Not directing this towards Midwest Gun Exchange specifically, never been there. But have ran into it on several occasions.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Im not sure what the current agreement is, but it used to be that VISA/Mastercard didnt allow you to add a fee for accepting those cards. You were allowed to show a discount for cash, but it was in violation of your vendor agreement to charge that extra 3%. One of the major CC companies used to reward consumers for turning in businesses that violated that portion of the agreement.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Trying to buy the new Python? They sold out in nanoseconds. 3% for the convenience of a card and not trying to download that much cash...though they will take a check for same as cash IIRC. I've known it's their policy for years though sometimes I'm reminded on checkout; it's their policy so it is what it is.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Im not sure what the current agreement is, but it used to be that VISA/Mastercard didnt allow you to add a fee for accepting those cards. You were allowed to show a discount for cash, but it was in violation of your vendor agreement to charge that extra 3%. One of the major CC companies used to reward consumers for turning in businesses that violated that portion of the agreement.
    Laws have changed, you can even set a minimum for card transactions. Came about with the credit card/bank reforms. I take 4-5 cards a year, and I absolutely, I mean absolutely charge 3%, as my average ticket is $20-40K, I will NOT EAT 3% on a transaction that large, especially with the hoops I have to jump through each time I make said transactions.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Also, allocated items always demand a premium. Try to buy the first new Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, what have you. MSRP+ is the way it works for high demand low supply items look at Old Rip VanWinkle 10, $89 but can’t be touched outside of a winning lottery for less than $350. Play the game, pay the fee.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    It all depends on how badly you want that Colt Python. Doesn't it.
    But just know that if you don't want it that badly, someone standing behind you in line surly will.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    To each their own, at least related to gun purchases, if the seller isn’t willing to budge 3% then I’m fine walking away. Almost no gun is that rare that I can’t find another one.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If it's for a new Python you may be wise to wait awhile. Google 2020 Colt Python issues, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Top Bottom