• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Bushmaster and DPMS were long ago surpassed on both the high end (quality) and low end (price), so I'm not sure what niche they are supposed to fill anymore. I would guess the same for Tapco, though I haven't looked at their product offering in nearly a decade.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good .... now my DPMS Panther Oracle will surely become a collectors item, and double in value ! Right ? :D (purple implied)

But actually, it's been a solid, if basic rifle.

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    Sad to see any company stop producing firearms but I agree they really don’t have a place in the market with their current product mix. I still enjoy my LR308 though.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Sold my DPMS bull target awhile ago. You guys are right by them being surpassed. Took the money and assembled a PSA pistol. It's better in every way and under a thousand bucks wearing a Leupold.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tapco? Meh
    Bushmaster? hasn't been Bushmaster since the rise of Wyndom Weaponry.
    DPMS? Now I'm sad to see this news.
    I do like my DPMS

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Got my Bushmasters and Windhams so I am all set. The market is pretty full of quality built MSR's and parts suppliers however there are some pure crap being put out by Death Merchants trying to make a boat payment. BTW, does anyone know if the Bushmaster rifle used at Sandy Hook, was a older Bushmaster or a Remmaster? Ironic lawsuit if it was the old one.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Got my Bushmasters and Windhams so I am all set. The market is pretty full of quality built MSR's and parts suppliers however there are some pure crap being put out by Death Merchants trying to make a boat payment. BTW, does anyone know if the Bushmaster rifle used at Sandy Hook, was a older Bushmaster or a Remmaster? Ironic lawsuit if it was the old one.

Hook was in 2012. If it was a new ar at the time it would have been a Rem. I think Cerberus Capitol Management bought the rights to Bushmaster in 06.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    So the can focus on core hunting & shooting. Isn't that what Dick's & walmart said when they stopped selling semi-autos, ar15 type guns & ammo? Another way to ban ar's. Soon their will be none.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    So the can focus on core hunting & shooting. Isn't that what Dick's & walmart said when they stopped selling semi-autos, ar15 type guns & ammo? Another way to ban ar's. Soon their will be none.
    I had the same thought that perhaps they're just showing they're really just a bunch of Fudds. There's still plenty of other manufacturers making AR's. The market is extremely saturated. And like others already mentioned, we really aren't missing out on much here. Anyone who would potentially buy a DPMS or Bushmaster, will just find another manufacturer to buy from.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I'm with T-DOGG on this; I don't think they'll be missed.

It's kind of like Ford dropping parts of their automobile lineup. Anyone who was buying a Focus was doing so from name recognition, not because it was a better car the the offerings from Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc.

Let Remington focus on what they think will make them the most money. There are still plenty of companies that are making ARs in every price range.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The real question here is whether or not Remington begins to make a quality product once again after all of this. My gut tells me probably not.

*Side note, Rural King shoppers will have to buy different AR's in the future. :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've only bought a gun from RK once, but I think they stock Ruger and S&W ARs already.
    I think you're right. I meant no harm, just poking a little fun at people. I've bought a few guns there over the years. No knock whatsoever on anyone who shops there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom