• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This could be good, but I'll bet I hear nothing.

Reading today's edition of WLFI.com I saw a story about Mom's Demand Action putting together another feel-good presentation made to tug at your heart strings.
    Said something about building 40 boxes locally, then putting them together with boxes built from across the country and take them to Washington, D.C. for a show.

Anyway, at the bottom of the article was a link to, "share your story of gun violence", so I clicked on the link.
    It took me to EverytownUSA site, and begged for my "gun violence story", so I obliged.

I told them about my friend Ron, who was gunned down this spring in his own living room.
    I also told them that I had tried to tell Ron to buy a handgun for his own protection, but he refused.
    As a result, he faced his attacker completely defenseless, and paid for it with his life.

I told them that if he HAD bought a gun he might still be with us today.
    I then asked them to read "More Guns = Less Crime", by John Lott, and maybe they would understand my point of view.

I do NOT expect my story to be published.
    I doubt if I'll get contacted "for more information" either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Alfordsville
    First, sorry for the loss of your friend. I, too, would like to think that if Ron had been armed maybe he would still be with us today. Second, you are correct your story will never see the light of day from them.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    The first sentence of the third paragraph of your post will be used. Everything else will be incomprehensible to them and ignored.

Their planet, their color of sky, their rules.

MH

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I really believe deep down these people already know more guns = less crime. If they knew they could beat the logic, they would actually engage in a discussion. Instead it’s instant block and ignore. It is about controlling those who are willing to follow and be controlled. That’s why they hate gun owners, we refuse to be controlled and a firearm is more than a tool, it’s a symbol of our freedom and willingness to defend and fight.

Also, sorry about your friend. Wish people would listen when we explain why they should be prepared. We tell them because we love them and care.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really believe deep down these people already know more guns = less crime. If they knew they could beat the logic, they would actually engage in a discussion. Instead it’s instant block and ignore. It is about controlling those who are willing to follow and be controlled. That’s why they hate gun owners, we refuse to be controlled and a firearm is more than a tool, it’s a symbol of our freedom and willingness to defend and fight.

Also, sorry about your friend. Wish people would listen when we explain why they should be prepared. We tell them because we love them and care.

The only way to convert one of these people is to help them pick out a hand gun after they have been brutally assaulted. then show them how to use it.

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    They will send your letter to the trash then probably count you in their statistics as a hit on the website as an anti-gun person.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    While living in CA two of my super liberal friends that are totally against guns but know I am a gun owner, asked for my help at different times.

One calls me frantically because she's scared of her husband from beating her and wants to borrow one of my guns for protection. Uh-No.
    Second one calls me frantically because she has a stalker messing with her and she went to a gun store but didn't realized they had a waiting period. She also wanted to borrow my gun because she didn't want to wait.

Thing is they both know I'm a responsible gun owner and they trust me with guns because they know me.... but nobody else should have them.
    I always try to tell people that there are millions of us responsible gun owners JUST LIKE ME out there but they never listen.

I'm so glad not to be there anymore.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have they purchased a gun since then, or do they think they’ll be able to call a friend for help when they need it still?

Ron joked about borrowing one of mine.
    He also swore that if he had a gun, he would probably use it.

I sometimes wonder if that was one of his last thoughts...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Have they purchased a gun since then, or do they think they’ll be able to call a friend for help when they need it still?

I have asked.
    The battered wife left the state (way later) and now has a gun. The other one, she was mad at me for a while for not letting her have a gun. She never went back to the store to buy one because they caught her stalker so she no longer needs it. Like she only needed it for a short time then back to - Guns are Bad.

She will never understand.

I forgot to mention....
    After I said no in the beginning, she wanted to know if there were any places around to RENT a gun. :laugh:

Top Bottom