• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Was at a local shop last week and a man and woman were in there looking at handguns for her....she would hold one and then hold it out at arms length and comment on the appearance of the pistol...This ones ugly, this one is pretty etc... her man was also commenting on them strictly by their looks...Little to no mention or discussion regarding caliber, brand, reliability etc....It was all about the cosmetics...I just shook my head at the comments..

Now I know everyone likes a nice looking firearm, but to make your decision to purchase and carry based solely on what it looks like is crazy to me....does anyone actually do that????

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I personally do not care at all on my EDC’s about looks. I do care a little more on my AR builds. I built a .308 with a nice grey cerakote and it turned out great. But for something I’m going to conceal and hopefully never have to use I don’t care what it looks like. But if that’s what people like that’s fine by me.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Having worked the gun sales counter, I tried to make the buyer aware of function over form. If you can't grip it and operate the controls, pretty is a mute point. Look at Glocks. There are ugly but functional:D. I shoot them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To some degree, looks do matter. I love that we live in a time when firearms are being built to attract women shooters. If it takes a pink gun to introduce a woman to shooting, then great. Hopefully, she’ll feel like it’s her gun and she’ll learn to use it.

If looks didn’t matter at all, there’s be no FDE handguns outside of the sandbox most likely. We’ve all bought guns we didn’t need because we saw one that just grabbed our attention visually.

Hopefully, whomever is trying to help a new shooter will help them to avoid junk that looks nice. There are some decent guns out that are trying to attract non-traditional gun buyers, so hopefully, the true crap does not follow someone home because it’s been bedazzled or something.

Kevo9009

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Indianapolis
    To some degree, looks do matter. I love that we live in a time when firearms are being built to attract women shooters. If it takes a pink gun to introduce a woman to shooting, then great. Hopefully, she’ll feel like it’s her gun and she’ll learn to use it.

If looks didn’t matter at all, there’s be no FDE handguns outside of the sandbox most likely. We’ve all bought guns we didn’t need because we saw one that just grabbed our attention visually.

Hopefully, whomever is trying to help a new shooter will help them to avoid junk that looks nice. There are some decent guns out that are trying to attract non-traditional gun buyers, so hopefully, the true crap does not follow someone home because it’s been bedazzled or something.

Yup. Some guys flock to FDE like some girls do pink lol!

If you like something just based on how it looks and you have the funds for it then by all means get it if it makes you happy. Maybe then they’ll realize that function should be a deciding factor when they start the next shopping process.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

If you gave my wife a pink gun, she would beat you with it...maybe something nicely blued with some hand engraving in a classic style...but not pink.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Oh yeah looks matter. There are and have been plenty of quality guns that I have passed on because they are just too dang ugly. Just like with aesthetic looks of people or cars, if I gotta look at it everyday then I gotta like it. Several years ago I was looking for a .22 handugn to teach my wife and kids to shoot a handgun. A friend tried to sell me his Beretta Neos but I wasn't having any of that hideous abomination of a gun...strictly because of its looks.
    Now when it comes to shotguns, I admit I'm a total snob. I like the grade A walnut with a deep shiny finish and deep rich bluing. A modest amount of engraving on the receiver is nice for catching the eye too but not necessary

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    justynrhynesr
    Top Bottom