Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Left a gun behind.

When I traveled a lot across the USA I stayed in Holiday Inns. Checking out the next morning, I checked for keys, pagers, wallet and guns. One time I left a nice leather jacket. When I got home I called and I was lucky they secured it and shipped it to me COD for shipping. I was lucky. The manager told me that people left all kinds of things including guns behind. What say INGO, any stories of abandoned guns?
    JOB 11:18

Plinker

User Info Menu

Not really abandoned, but I dropped a magazine in a movie theater once and didn't discover it until I got home. Luckily, I realized it and went back. The manager made me wait until the movie was over before I was allowed to look for it. I'm just glad no one else found it first!

Expert

User Info Menu

At the Indy 1500 Gun show about a year ago they announced on Sunday over the intercom “xxxx xxxxxxx please call the hotel you checked out of this morning - you left your pistol in your room”.
    With so many places beating dicks I think it's gonna hurt dicks bad.

User Info Menu

A tenant moved out of a rental house and left behind a unmolested K98k that I bought off the landlord...haha I've secured handguns and magazines left in various rental cars over the years. Not uncommon at all.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by apache67 View Post
    Not really abandoned, but I dropped a magazine in a movie theater once and didn't discover it until I got home. Luckily, I realized it and went back. The manager made me wait until the movie was over before I was allowed to look for it. I'm just glad no one else found it first!
    I got home once and discovered the mag was simply gone. I had been in and out of the vehicle, in and out of restaurant booth. No idea when or where it happened or how.

Expert

User Info Menu

Had my travel holster/gun hanging on my inside car door. Got out for gas, hooked it with the toe of my shoe and both holster and gun was knocked off and slid about two feet from the car. Of course people fueling up. I had a homer moment.. doh!!, ahhh!!!!
    Last edited by frenchiectfd2203; 02-12-2020 at 13:00.

User Info Menu

Many years ago I left my pistol at the jail after booking a prisoner. Luckily I had went directly to the station for paperwork and didn't get into anything in between. Had the OH S@#$ moment and quickly returned to the jail to retrieve it. I can say with pleasure that was a learning experience and it never happened again.
    Steve

User Info Menu

I know an ex-cop armored car driver who left his sidearm in a convenience store rest room.

It was stolen from there, and recovered later at a traffic stop.

User Info Menu

5he only time I’ve left a gun behind was at home, just a week or two ago. When in a hurry, getting dressed, I could have sworn I clipped it on my belt and that I did my usual keys-wallet-gun pat down before I left. But I guess I didn’t.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Nearly.

I left a Ruger MkII 22/45 on the back bumper of a Montero. Drove from house to coffee shop, out door around the back, nearly fainted.

The dumbest thing I have done with a gun.

Moral of story: yes, it was a cell phone. Don't answer the cell phone when you are sorting guns for the range.

I was very lucky. That was very dumb thing I did.

Kirk Freeman, INGO's Dennis Miller of gun culture references

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast