• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I am considering selling a "Russan" ban rifle from my collection. The issue is finding a good starting point for the sale price. Most of these rifles have been off the market for two years so the last price listed is two years old even though I know the value has risen. I know the cost of the added furniture but where do I start on the rifle itself?
    Any suggestions on where to start? I tried GunBroker but failed to find much info there except magazines prices.
    Should I look to a gun store?
    Thanks

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh those old Russian rifles are pretty much worthless, I'd be happy to drop by and pick it up from you. I'd probably even give you $20 for the trouble of storing it.

Lemme know.

:laugh:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    When you looked on gun broker did you look at completed auctions? You have to register for the site (it’s free) to see those
    but still be careful, some guns are listed over and over, for example, if I list a high point for a grand, and nobody bids, I can list it again, I used to love it when people would come in the shop and say well on gun broker it selling for $$$$ and I’d look it up and tell them “no it’s listed, but there’s no bids on it, in fact they’ve tried to sell it 4 times for that price and nobody’s bid on it yet” and the reply was always “oh”

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I think asking around may give you an idea, gunbroker will give you an approximate value on other like sellers, Armslist and some classifieds are fugazy with unrealistic prices IMHO.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I wanted to be reasonable (fair to the buyer and fair to me). I am not looking to retire after the sale but fair market value is a good place to negotiate from. I think I will post it on the local Indiana Arms List as well as reach out to a few gun stores and see what happens. Otherwise, I will hold onto it. Certainly one of my favorites in my collection. Thanks for all the input.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When you say Russian "ban" rifle, are you talking about an AK-47, AK-74, Vepr, Saiga, etc.? I would think it would be pretty easy to find completed auctions on Gunbroker for those. A little more info would be helpful though.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    There are a lot of military weapons listed in the price books if you know where to look for them. Some books are more complete than others...

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    List it on GunBroker for a week. One penny to start and no reserve. You will find out exactly what the market will bare.

Banbuddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Pretty crafty way to let folks know it is for sale. LOL

I mean, he's still looking for an introductory price. I think the closed gunbroker option is a good one.

He could also take it into a big box store and ask them what they'd give him for it. Since they low ball to death, you could probably safely double their price and be in the ballpark.

Top Bottom