• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Okay I just want to hear what people think. I’m thinking about either a kimber warrior or a sig mk25. Wanted both for a long time. And I know they are two completely different guns. But just want to hear people’s opinions on the subject.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    sig is the way to go, i only own 1 kimber now its one the real old ones but i may get rid of it too, sigs and cz's are tops for most hand
    guns but as to 1911"s i have personal preferences there

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Kimber. They seem to get a bad rap here. Maybe they are over priced. My own personal experience with them has been excellent. Great guns that shot great every time. I have never had the bad experiences that a lot here say they have. Mine have all run great, but the last new one I bought was five years ago, so maybe things have changed

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Kimbers are nice but I am partial to and have way more experience with Sig's Have carried for duty and personal use and shot thousands of rounds with no issues.

Kimber does make a better Revolver though! LOL

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I've never shot any Kimber models.
    Handled a few at gunshops and they seem well made.
    The prices have kept me from ever getting serious about buying one.
    What seems to be their biggest flaw ?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Worked in a gun shop for years, saw plenty come and go. They have exceptionally poor qc, and even if they didn't, there ones without issues are still over priced for there quality and features.

Fair enough. I appreciate the opinions of folks with first-hand experience.

Were there any particular areas of failure? I know people complain frequently about the MIM parts and the Plastic Mainspring Housing.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    The last Kimber I purchased new was the eclipse. I took it to the range one time and it hammer followed. I took it back the gun shop and told him to send it to Kimber and I’d take my hard earned cash back. Never again will I purchase a Kimber. I own one but that was a gift from a special man that used it as his duty weapon.

Last edited:

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    The last limber I purchased new was the eclipse. I took it to the range one time and it hammer followed. I took it back the gun shop and told him to send it to limber and I’d take my hard earned cash back. Never again will I purchase a Kimber. I own one but that was a gift from a special man that used it as his duty weapon.

Wow, did they do that for you? All of my experiences with gun purchases has been once you walk out the door with it, it is yours. My LGS has offered to help with the shipping aspects, but I've never been able to return anything for a refund.

I bought a 629 Smith that developed push-off within the first 50 rounds. Boo!

(Woo-hoo made it to 400! and haven't been in the shooter thread...that I know of)

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Wow, did they do that for you? All of my experiences with gun purchases has been once you walk out the door with it, it is yours. My LGS has offered to help with the shipping aspects, but I've never been able to return anything for a refund.

I bought a 629 Smith that developed push-off within the first 50 rounds. Boo!

(Woo-hoo made it to 400! and haven't been in the shooter thread...that I know of)
    I have been a customer since the day they opened up. Plus they are two outstanding gun guys to the core.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I can never recommend a SIG after experiencing the worst CS ever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom