• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Just curious what would be your focuses if you owned a gun store, maybe things that you aren't seeing right now in stores.

One thing around here is most used guns seem to be sold online, I would like a good selection of used guns.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Must haves:

1) Do away with those little blue and yellow tags every gunshop buys, with the craggy little handwriting nobody can read. Sharpie markers and 3x5 cards all around (okay I'm getting old).

2) Have a "paperwork station" for filling out 4473s, that doesn't block any display cases.

Nice to have:

3) Take those damn red Winchester stools to the dump!

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'd like to own a strip mall of sorts.

Harley Davidson dealership, gun store/mil surp/outdoor store, tattoo shop, bar & grill. Separate business (all owned by me) but appeal to the same (general) clientele.

As to the gun store specifically, I'm not real sure. Used guns are tough, you have to buy them so low to be able to sell them for a profit and be competitive with online prices, it's tough to get a good inventory because no one wants to sell to you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Harley Davidson dealership, gun store/mil surp/outdoor store, tattoo shop, bar & grill. Separate business (all owned by me) but appeal to the same (general) clientele.

As to the gun store specifically, I'm not real sure. Used guns are tough, you have to buy them so low to be able to sell them for a profit and be competitive with online prices, it's tough to get a good inventory because no one wants to sell to you.

(...and petting zoo...)

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute

Better ad divorce attorney, cause a lot of people will be leaving your strip mall broke

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I imagine a rectangular prism, the walls are lined with cool rifles and it also contains smaller rectangular prisms filled with handguns. Also one of the handgun rectangles has a cash register on top.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Mine would have to have a range in it. That way, when someone wants that "cute little snubby" for their first gun, I can take them out and give them a few shots with it. Then a few shots from a little bit bigger semi auto.

Then I'd become a franchise/partner/whatever for PSA.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My “hood” store-

products: 50% of inventory Hi-Points, 25% .25 weapons, 15% cheap 12g, 10% .40
    Other inventory: fake BP vests, homeboy sights, lasers
    Majority rounds in stock: “nina” and .25
    Sales counter: BP enclosed, point at what you want, cash first “now GTFO”
    Staff: at least one with gold teeth, one bilingual, one white country boy with a camp hat (that everyone thinks knows what he’s talking about), and two incredibly hot chicks Latino and Redbone; boob size not essential. Booty? Something spectacular.... falls also under advertising.

Motto: When you can't pound, put them in the ground.

And my Carmel store?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My “hood” store-

products: 50% of inventory Hi-Points, 25% .25 weapons, 15% cheap 12g, 10% .40
    Other inventory: fake BP vests, homeboy sights, lasers
    Majority rounds in stock: “nina” and .25
    Sales counter: BP enclosed, point at what you want, cash first “now GTFO”
    Staff: at least one with gold teeth, one bilingual, one white country boy with a camp hat (that everyone thinks knows what he’s talking about), and two incredibly hot chicks Latino and Redbone; boob size not essential. Booty? Something spectacular.... falls also under advertising.

Motto: When you can't pound, put them in the ground.

And my Carmel store?

Wow...Dead on and you've never even been here...

Very impressed sir....

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My dream gun store would:

Be priced 20% below MSRP.

Offer a discount for credit card use.

Hire mind reader employees that know when you need help and when to leave you alone.

Emploees will know the perfect gun for each customer and will make sure eavesdropping customers nearby agree.

Have every gun imaginable on the rack, including dozens of the latest greatest guns at discount.

If the item is in high demand they will expect you want one and will save one back for you

I think that is most of it but may remember something to add...

hkguy1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Just curious what would be your focuses if you owned a gun store, maybe things that you aren't seeing right now in stores.

One thing around here is most used guns seem to be sold online, I would like a good selection of used guns.

Well we can sell food and drinks at gun store too, we can eat and drink while shopping for our fav firearms or accessories. IMO

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I work in a gun store. If you guys saw the inner workings of a gun store I bet you would evaluate things a bit differently. It’s a good thing the store I help out in doesn’t stock the things I like, the owner would go broke from inventory just sitting around.

Although I am not against the idea of a Strip Club Bar and Grill with a huge gun selection. Maybe add an indoor range for me and a movie theater for the kids.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I work in a gun store. If you guys saw the inner workings of a gun store I bet you would evaluate things a bit differently. It’s a good thing the store I help out in doesn’t stock the things I like, the owner would go broke from inventory just sitting around.

Although I am not against the idea of a Strip Club Bar and Grill with a huge gun selection. Maybe add an indoor range for me and a movie theater for the kids.

Although the use of purple is missing, many of us are tweaking some of the BS complaints about gun stores from other threads. Much of it is funny if you saw the original. LOL

Top Bottom