• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I think we need a help group, like Gun Owners Anonymous. Hello, my name us Mike and I'm a gun whore.
    I have a chance to trade my Charter Arms Undercoverette .32 (Bridgeport, CT) for a CA Bulldog 44 spc (Stratford, CT) + $150.
    My problem is, I have trouble with getting rid of a perfectly good gun that shoots. If it was a parts gun, ok, but it's fully functional, and, well, I'm a gun whore.

TitanUp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Carmel
    I’m in. Hello my name is Brandon and I too am a gun whore. I have several bedside guns, several carry guns. Several in car guns, several upstairs guns and several downstairs guns. Now I just need a work gun.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Well, since I have never sold a gun, does that make me a gun whore??? According to CNN, I'm probably in the category of having a huge arsenal. Among this user group, probably only average.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1911's Anonomouse meets every Tuesday night in the basement of the church right next to the "G****s" are perfect group.

Hello everybody. My name is Churchmouse and I am an addict.

Last edited:

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    But I am a little confused. What is it we need help with? You are acting as if it's a bad thing to keep lots of guns. What I need help with is making sure my wife doesn't sell them for pennies on the dollar after I die. How can I keep a list of all my guns with fair market value and keep her from finding out I have a lot more than she thinks I have?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    But I am a little confused. What is it we need help with? You are acting as if it's a bad thing to keep lots of guns. What I need help with is making sure my wife doesn't sell them for pennies on the dollar after I die. How can I keep a list of all my guns with fair market value and keep her from finding out I have a lot more than she thinks I have?

Wife... selling... your...guns... for... pennies...on the dollar after your death... Everything go OK at that last visit to the Doc?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    But I am a little confused. What is it we need help with? You are acting as if it's a bad thing to keep lots of guns. What I need help with is making sure my wife doesn't sell them for pennies on the dollar after I die. How can I keep a list of all my guns with fair market value and keep her from finding out I have a lot more than she thinks I have?
    Give the list to me, I’ll have a talk with your wife soon after you die. I’ll let her know she has them priced too high, and I’ll take care of them for her.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Hi, I'm R.D. .......There is a problem. I hate to be the one to have to say something. But,.....Brandon needs an intervention. I don't know how many here have been glossing over it and hoping it would take care of itself. He doesn't have a bathroom gun. NOT A SINGLE One. I'm trying to stay calm here. ......Man, not even one....

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

My suggestion would be to find an auction house that you can trust and make sure she knows to liquidate them that way. I wouldn't burden her with trying to find a dealer or "friend" that will give her a fair price. A good auction house will earn their share of the selling price, which by definition, will be the fair market value at the time.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    This past Friday afternoon I got a SA Hellcat I had been wanting. My wife was with me. As we were driving home, I casually mentioned that I have had my eye on a Winchester 94 saddle ring carbine. Her reply was " My goodness, you just got this handgun 30 minutes ago and you want something else already? I really am convinced you have a gun addiction problem?" She just laughed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But I am a little confused. What is it we need help with? You are acting as if it's a bad thing to keep lots of guns. What I need help with is making sure my wife doesn't sell them for pennies on the dollar after I die. How can I keep a list of all my guns with fair market value and keep her from finding out I have a lot more than she thinks I have?

Man I hear this way too much. You guys are not doing this right. I have sold off about 20 pieces in the last few months. I am down to what will stay with me. She is well aware of everything we have in the house. No secrets as that is not the way to keep solid ground with your partner.

Now to the truth.....she gets a cut with every purchase and sale firearm related. Its a game I started a few years ago and it is pretty fun. Especially when she engages her negotiating skills. Heck she has a couple of advocate reps on Ingo. When I sell the last one I am letting go today I will hand her the negotiated cut on it. We will laugh nd go on home. Of course I could never deceive her anyway.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    . Hi, I'm R.D. .......There is a problem. I hate to be the one to have to say something. But,.....Brandon needs an intervention. I don't know how many here have been glossing over it and hoping it would take care of itself. He doesn't have a bathroom gun. NOT A SINGLE One. I'm trying to stay calm here. ......Man, not even one.

Cookie Shower Gun.png

You know what us boy scouts say. Be prepared.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Well, since I have never sold a gun, does that make me a gun whore??? According to CNN, I'm probably in the category of having a huge arsenal. Among this user group, probably only average.
    The good news is your not a true gun whore.
    The bad news is your a gun hoarder and you need to start your own group!

Top Bottom