• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Has anyone used this red dot on a ruger mark4 22lr pistol, was wondering how it worked out for them? or was thinking about bushnell trs 25 red dot.;)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    No experience with the Tru-Glo but the Bushnell is a tried & true performer. You might check with A&A Optics about the Vortex offerings also, they make good stuff.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't mind the TRS25 sized reddots, if they are closer to the eye (rifle).
    On a handgun, I dislike them as I see all the stuff around the lens. I can shoot em fine, just don't care to see all that.
    Prefer a 30mm tube style on a handgun (compared to smaller).

If the 30mm Aimpoint (or clone) is too big, suggest a reflex sight.

3moa dots are usable, but I like 2 moa better.
    Aimpoints aint cheap, but their Primary Arms clone has a good reputation.

If you're cool with Chinese stuff these days .........

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-advanced-30mm-red-dot-sight

If you want a mini RDS, Bushnell TRS25 or the more expensive Sig Romeo 5 (the latter has a 2 moa dot and "shake n wake").

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I can strongly 2nd the recommendation of the Sig Romeo 5. I have three, one on an AR, two on 12ga 3.5" magnum turkey guns for my sons. So far shot per gun 35-40 sheet loads (sight in and close range practice) another 12-15 high brass upland game loads (medium range practice) and 20 each full on 12ga 3.5" 2oz #5's of Winchester Long Beard XR turkey loads and both held up perfectly.

I bought the Romeo 5 after watching a YouTube video where a guy put a Romeo 5 through a unbelievable series of torture tests including freezing it in sold ice, then submerging it in hot water to defrost it, tossing it up as high as he could either 5 or 10x (don't quite remember) while standing in the gravel parking lot of his range, then shooting it at I think 20 yards with a 12ga skeet load and it still held zero. He put the same Romeo 5 on a AR-10, 12ga shotgun and AR-15 and fired a very large number of rounds of each to confirm it can withstand recoil. The video sold me on the Sig Romeo 5.

But my advice right now would to be to hold off if at all possible buying one until this BS plandemic insanity subsides as they are kinda pricey at the moment IMHO. About 8-10 months ago came across a internet store that had them for $109.99 and bought my first one. Used it within days and liked it a lot, much better than a Vortex Strike Fire II I inspected and returned. Then less than 3 weeks after I bought my first one came across a Ebay sale for them at $99.99 W/shipping and bought two more. Now I wish I had bought more for my other AR's and my HD shotgun.

I'm also hoping they return to their previous lower prices as I would like to buy a few more. Great very compact very durable sight. Best 2 MOA sight for the money out there right now IMHO.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can strongly 2nd the recommendation of the Sig Romeo 5. I have three, one on an AR, two on 12ga 3.5" magnum turkey guns for my sons. So far shot per gun 35-40 sheet loads (sight in and close range practice) another 12-15 high brass upland game loads (medium range practice) and 20 each full on 12ga 3.5" 2oz #5's of Winchester Long Beard XR turkey loads and both held up perfectly.

I bought the Romeo 5 after watching a YouTube video where a guy put a Romeo 5 through a unbelievable series of torture tests including freezing it in sold ice, then submerging it in hot water to defrost it, tossing it up as high as he could either 5 or 10x (don't quite remember) while standing in the gravel parking lot of his range, then shooting it at I think 20 yards with a 12ga skeet load and it still held zero. He put the same Romeo 5 on a AR-10, 12ga shotgun and AR-15 and fired a very large number of rounds of each to confirm it can withstand recoil. The video sold me on the Sig Romeo 5.

But my advice right now would to be to hold off if at all possible buying one until this BS plandemic insanity subsides as they are kinda pricey at the moment IMHO. About 8-10 months ago came across a internet store that had them for $109.99 and bought my first one. Used it within days and liked it a lot, much better than a Vortex Strike Fire II I inspected and returned. Then less than 3 weeks after I bought my first one came across a Ebay sale for them at $99.99 W/shipping and bought two more. Now I wish I had bought more for my other AR's and my HD shotgun.

I'm also hoping they return to their previous lower prices as I would like to buy a few more. Great very compact very durable sight. Best 2 MOA sight for the money out there right now IMHO.

Holosun makes the sig romeo.

Sig just rebrands it. No sense in paying more for a sig logo on a chinese optic. You can get the standard dot without a ring model for like $115.

Top Bottom