• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Very sad day in our little town, His & Hers Target Sports announced a going out of business sale. For right now everything on the walls (holsters, mags, some parts) is substantially discounted, no guns reduced, yet. A huge inventory packed into a nice store, that, as rumor has it, could be bought at a more than fair price, possibly even with the very nicely remodeled upstairs living quarters.
    I sure hope somebody buys this, and wish Ron the best.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great folks at that shop.

I remember back when that jackass Hussein was causing a stir and .22LR was difficult to find, the folks here always had some held back for Appleseed participants.

Good stuff.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    If anyone is planning to stop by, make sure to call first if you are driving very far. They closed early on Tuesday and are opening late today. Seems like the business hours don't mean much...

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I think he tries to post on FB. Search Target Sports.
    Not disagreeing with you though!
    Yes, I saw his Facebook post yesterday after I got there. He posted it about 30 minutes before he opened and it's a 40 minute drive for me. Before that, I went over on Wednesday without looking at his store hours. I didn't realize that he is closed on Wednesday, that was my fault but still frustrating. I was mainly saying to call ahead as a PSA, lots of guys on here don't use FB.
    Ron seems like a nice guy, I wish him well with his retirement. There are still a bunch of good deals there (fewer now that I've been there). Lots of holsters, a few knives, scopes, cleaning supplies, etc. I bought most of the magazines. He said that he has a buyer for the guns and ammo and that they are going to rent the building from him. Looks like Sheridan might still have a gun store.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Well, here we go! Guns and ammo are now 25% off and he wants them all gone by the end of the day Saturday.
    Still quite a bit of inventory, pictures on his FB page but lots of traffic in the store today.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That's a nice little store! I've made some purchases there, nothing big $ though. I hope someone continues the business.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Well they are down one Sig P365XL. I just couldn't resist the price. I think Ron may have paid more for it than what he sold it to me for.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Well, here we go! Guns and ammo are now 25% off and he wants them all gone by the end of the day Saturday.
    Still quite a bit of inventory, pictures on his FB page but lots of traffic in the store today.

man I did not need to see this...I was doing good with my addiction. Got my 3 month chip

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Just gonna drag this back up to mention Ron is open today the 19th, Friday and Saturday with 25% off firearms. Quite a bit left including a couple of nice Zumbaugh AR's. The 2 5.7's were gone so that was a real good thing for my wallet. No 45 at all, had some 9 and 22 this morning.

ETA: there was absolutely no social distancing involved.

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    Sad to see this, just went to look at their Facebook and it said closed April 7th until further notice.
    Looks like a possible new owner.
    Still have a old redhawk he sold me back in 2009.
    It was my first revolver :(

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Good news, Target Sports is back up and running with the new owner. Stop in and say hey to Jerry or Anthony, great guys.
    Not a lot of inventory but looks like it’s building slowly but surely.

RandallX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2012
    hamilton county
    Our store is open Tues-Fri 10-6, Sat 8-6. As stated earlier there was a large sale with Ron and we have been slowly bringing in new inventory as it becomes available. We look forward to hopefully doing business with you.

-Jerry, Anthony, Randy

Top Bottom