• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    ATFE admitted, on national televsion, to creating a gun registry in 1995. It is incomplete but they are continually upgrading it.[/QUOTE

I remember that happening, but as I recall Congress told them to destroy the registry and withheld their appropriation until proof was submitted that this was halted.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    just an fyi, gun dealers have to keep their 4473's for 20 years, after 20 years the dealer can destroy them! (somehow smores taster better when cooked over 4473's!)

BUT if the dealer closes, he has to box up the last 20 years of 4473's and send them to the batfe!, what do you think the batfe does with those???

I bet they store them for 20 years then shred them!

yeah I types that in purple! I bet the scan them, and archive them till...well forever!

so...all the guns ive purchased 20 years ago don't exist (unless the dealer closed) and all the guns I inherited don't exist (when dad died...his gun safe was EMPTY!)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ATFE admitted, on national televsion, to creating a gun registry in 1995. It is incomplete but they are continually upgrading it.

But as part of the modernization and updated storage push, they are still on track.

They have started scanning in the paper documents so they can still have a virtual copy of the 4473 without having to physically store pallet, upon pallet, upon pallet of paper forms.

So all those 4473s from shuttered gun stores that were sent to be stored by the feds are being scanned in. That is one step short of applying Optical Character Recognition to make the forms searchable. AI will "read" the forms and ask a human essentially "I cant read this, type in what it says, please."

And dont get me started on the digital kiosks like Dicks and Cabelas. No OCR needed for that form. Its already going to be fully searchable and index-able as soon as you hit enter.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But as part of the modernization and updated storage push, they are still on track.

They have started scanning in the paper documents so they can still have a virtual copy of the 4473 without having to physically store pallet, upon pallet, upon pallet of paper forms.

So all those 4473s from shuttered gun stores that were sent to be stored by the feds are being scanned in. That is one step short of applying Optical Character Recognition to make the forms searchable. AI will "read" the forms and ask a human essentially "I cant read this, type in what it says, please."

And dont get me started on the digital kiosks like Dicks and Cabelas. No OCR needed for that form. Its already going to be fully searchable and index-able as soon as you hit enter.

Oh, and when that happens and the AI gets it wrong, be prepared for a Brazil (movie) situation. (the fly on the typewriter form)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Like so many others, I am totally against any form of registry. I had heard before that 4473 forms had to be stored for 20 years, which seems excessive to me. However, I am fairly convinced that data could be pulled from NICS checks to if nothing else pull how many times an individual was run for a background check. I mean any 10yo would tell you anything entered on a computer will always remain there

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I was at a point blank in Cincy afterwork. The manager was complying with an Information request subpoena in the showroom. He gave ammo sales and quantity, accessories, gun sales, and exact dates and times of range use of the person to the investigator. Even if the atf doesn't keep digital registry, modern pos systems will.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was at a point blank in Cincy afterwork. The manager was complying with an Information request subpoena in the showroom. He gave ammo sales and quantity, accessories, gun sales, and exact dates and times of range use of the person to the investigator. Even if the atf doesn't keep digital registry, modern pos systems will.

It is why I am known as Steve McQueen in most gun shops.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It is why I am known as Steve McQueen in most gun shops.

I don't know anyone who has completely abstained from online sales.

I subscribe to the "if we have to hide them we've already lost them" theory. I'm against federal gun registry, but with the digital economy we all live in the gun grabbers have more efficient information avenues to get info on what a person has than searching 4473's.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    In Michigan when a handgun is purchased a RI-60 Form is filled out. It is a 3-part form: Seller Copy, Purchaser Copy, and Registry Copy that goes to the local PD and eventually State Police. This is required even in face to face transactions. There is a way to by-pass the RI-60 by getting an out-of-state CPL license, Arizonia seems most popular.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I don't know anyone who has completely abstained from online sales.

I subscribe to the "if we have to hide them we've already lost them" theory. I'm against federal gun registry, but with the digital economy we all live in the gun grabbers have more efficient information avenues to get info on what a person has than searching 4473's.

Correct. I buy ammo online every now and then, but I like to stay local and pay cash. I just assume anything I buy with a CC is going to be one day known by big brother. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy either, I'm just realistic.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Until you post pictures and text, email them via cell phone, and Facebook. If our government wanted to confiscate firearms they have many ways to do it. Thank God no Hitlers, Mao's, or Lenin's have taken control of our country yet.

They will have a number of armed and prepped people to resist them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%