• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Bass pro will start selling used guns ,they are asking (telling) sister store Cabelas to have each store ship newer guns to a staging point ,to be distributed to the bass pro shops

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    bass pro sucks... new or used you can't get anyone to help you anyway. On the other hand I have never had a bad experience at the Hammond Cabelas. Those guys are always great

CPblaster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Yep. They guys at my closest Bass Pro (Portage, IN) were complete dicks to me last time I was there. All I did was ask if they had used guns after I looked around confused for about 5 minutes without anyone asking if I needed help. They were snarky and short with me and kept repeating, "We don't sell any used guns." No explanation on why or what happened since the last time I was there just a few weeks prior...

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Since the buy out Cabelas is dead to me. Bass Pro has always been dead to me. Place sucks!

Buy on line and have a small time guy do a transfer is the only way to buy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. They guys at my closest Bass Pro (Portage, IN) were complete dicks to me last time I was there. All I did was ask if they had used guns after I looked around confused for about 5 minutes without anyone asking if I needed help. They were snarky and short with me and kept repeating, "We don't sell any used guns." No explanation on why or what happened since the last time I was there just a few weeks prior...

Stop shopping there. Easy peasy.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Yep that portage one is the one I was talking about too. I don't really shop there for guns anymore but I will stop there for the occasional box of shotgun shells.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I never understood this "The Employees Suck so I'll Never Go Back" thing.

Who cares how you're treated. If they have what you want, buy it. If they don't, leave. I've been to several of their stores and sometimes I'm there and nobody talks to me the whole time. And sometimes guys will start trying to help me the second I walk in. I have never let anyone get between me and my mission. When I find they don't have what I want, sometimes will I will still stay there and browse for hours. There's more than just guns there. Bring the kids and let them run around, play on the elevator, look at the fishies, check out the boats.

Absorb their inventory. I do this everywhere I go. Especially hardware stores. Later on when you need something or you have an idea for something, it will hit you on what you need and where you saw it at.

Are you guys expecting them to like wheel you around while giving you a manicure? "Yes Sir. No Sir" "Right this way Sir" :laugh:

Life is too short so just smile and nod.

On second thought.
    Just never go back so I can catch the deals. I don't mind at all. :):

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    More than likely their used prices will be comparable or just as much as buying a gun new. Aside from hunting accessories and clothing their prices on firearms are ridiculous just like cabelas.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    GDRMTN 2.0

Maybe so as it relates to guns, but I don't see Bass Pro going the way of Gander (even though they must have high overhead due to size of stores, etc), as Bass Pro has verticalized and owns much of their supply chain, etc. Many of the brands they sell are actually in house owned brands.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have never purchased a gun from BP. I do enjoy going and just browsing though. I have gotten deals there on ammo in the past. Have never been treated badly though? If I were to be, I am not above bringing it to the store managers attention.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I never understood this "The Employees Suck so I'll Never Go Back" thing.

Who cares how you're treated. If they have what you want, buy it. If they don't, leave. I've been to several of their stores and sometimes I'm there and nobody talks to me the whole time. And sometimes guys will start trying to help me the second I walk in. I have never let anyone get between me and my mission. When I find they don't have what I want, sometimes will I will still stay there and browse for hours. There's more than just guns there. Bring the kids and let them run around, play on the elevator, look at the fishies, check out the boats.

Absorb their inventory. I do this everywhere I go. Especially hardware stores. Later on when you need something or you have an idea for something, it will hit you on what you need and where you saw it at.

Are you guys expecting them to like wheel you around while giving you a manicure? "Yes Sir. No Sir" "Right this way Sir" :laugh:

Life is too short so just smile and nod.

On second thought.
    Just never go back so I can catch the deals. I don't mind at all. :):

Accurate. The only thing that turns me off entirely is a corporate policy, like the one Gander/Dicks promoted just before their respective demises.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Bass pro will start selling used guns ,they are asking (telling) sister store Cabelas to have each store ship newer guns to a staging point ,to be distributed to the bass pro shops
    Do the customers have to make 50 quality posts to buy the goods?

:):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Bass Pro and Cabelas are very high priced on their firearms. My LGS beats their prices easily. Their used guns well mostly be sold for what a new one would cost at a LGS.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Bass Pro and Cabelas are very high priced on their firearms. My LGS beats their prices easily. Their used guns well mostly be sold for what a new one would cost at a LGS.

Agreed, their (generalized) market are the folks who would not buy a gun online or may not venture into a dedicated LGS

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have bought 1 firearm there in the past. Best deal around at the time and had several coupons to use as well to get that good deal.

I still shop there as it's very local for me. Cabelas has a great selection of reloading components and the prices aren't bad. Especially when it comes to powder or primers and not needing to buy in bulk to avoid those pesky hazmat fees online

My daughter loves going to either store to walk around and look at fish and play on the boats.

If you receive coupons from them, deals can be had

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    More than likely their used prices will be comparable or just as much as buying a gun new. Aside from hunting accessories and clothing their prices on firearms are ridiculous just like cabelas.

In general, on modern firearms, you're exactly right. But I have found some killer deals on older firearms at Cabelas. In some cases, I'm not sure they realized what they had. For example, a 1978 Winchester 9422 XTR for $350.00. Metal at 97%, wood about 90%. Took me all of 2 seconds to make up my mind. I have a few mint 9422s, but this one I could shoot and enjoy it without worrying about scuffing it up. A few other deals also. My very 1st transfer of a gun purchased elsewhere, in 2008, went thru Cabelas, and was a red-tape nightmare. I never used them again for that, but when buying in-store, my paperwork has always gone smooth, even if a little slow. I've never cared much for Bass Pro, but you might see some deals show up if they start selling used.

Top Bottom