• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I just saw a thread on rimfire central that NIKON is going out of scope business,did anybody hear of this happening ? Would it still be a good idea buying a scope from them ? Maybe this is OLD NEWS , but I didnt know this.:popcorn:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    First FLIR, now Nikon? Wonder why? I know FLIR was because the board was infiltrated by anti gunners. Wonder if its more benign for them. (can make more money elsewhere so lets concentrate there)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    First FLIR, now Nikon? Wonder why? I know FLIR was because the board was infiltrated by anti gunners. Wonder if its more benign for them. (can make more money elsewhere so lets concentrate there)

FLIR isn't going out of business. They're just not selling to civilians.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm, as one who has several Nikon scopes mounted, I have seen this information, but in correspondence with Nikon,I see a different response. Time will tell.

rmw250

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    Kokomo
    I have owned many nikons and personally think they have some of the nicest glass in each of their respected price ranges and have never had an issue with any. Even with the sale and clearance pricing going on now a scope with no warranty would worry me.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    PROGRAM CHANGE: Nikon Inc.’s product warranty is changing from the current product warranty to the following: Lifetime limited warranty for the optical system of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes; Seven-year limited warranty for non-optical system components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes; One-year limited warranty for electrical components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes. The Five-year limited warranty on all components for Rangefinder and Red Dot/Reflex sight products remains the same. Please note that going forward we are ending our No-Fault Repair Policy. Therefore, the new warranty program will not apply to any SRO product that is subjected to misuse, alteration or accident or for damage caused from unauthorized replacement parts, will require consumer proof of purchase from an authorized dealer/reseller and will not be transferable from one consumer to another. 10:05 AM 09-12-2019

Top Bottom