Anyone go to Christys Firearm auction Sat. 2/22/2020?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was there yesterday. As usual with Auctions some things were Crazy expensive, some I think were worth the Money, some I was Puzzled. If you were interested in anything Mossberg they went cheap! Myself I walked away with a nice Ishapore Enfield for $350.00, and a Nice Marlin 336Y 30-30 scoped for $425.00 and some ammo for both guns. So If you were there what did you get if you wish to share?

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    I was as well... same thoughts also. I picked up 3, a nice trapdoor, and on the other end of the spectrum, a carbon 15 pistol by professional ordinance, pre bushmaster buyout. and a bushmaster M17s.
    But what i'm scratching my head on is my own thoughts.. lol. I let the carbon rifle go for the same money, that would have been cool to have the pistol and rifle version. and what i'm really kickin myself on is the colt delta match hbar.. 100% correct all original even down to the rubber tasco scope and i let it go for $1000... even though it didnt have the aluminum case, still what i feel is half price for that. But, thats what hindsight is for.. lol.
    BTW it shouldnt be too hard to find a 308 mag for the ishy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dang it! I didn't even know about this auction! :xmad: They always seem to have them on Wednesdays when I can't go. And Mossbergs are my thing too. :tantrum:

Oh well. I'm certain that the deal I got on the pistol I bought from Mongo59 yesterday was better than anything I'd have gotten at the auction, so there's that.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I was there all day. Bid on 3 gun but didn`t get any. I was second runner up on the mid 60`s S&W 57 41 mag. I went to $875. plus 17% but another collector wanted it just a little more. I did purchase a bunch of flats full of all kinds of accessories.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I almost bid on the Trapdoor! I was a little tentative on it because the side plates did not have the eagle on it as the ones I saw while doing research on it. But I guess it was a "Field repair? But mostly I had my eye on that Marlin in 45/70! I had bid $500.00 online but it went for over $700.00 and I just could not bring my self to go that High for what for me would be limited use gun. I was also Tempted by the High Standard .22's and a few of the Ruger .22 Marks they went for good prices as well. The Colt Troopers surprised me I thought they would go higher. But the biggest surprise was that 44 Mag Smith Revolver. Did not realize it was in a commemorative case but $2000.00 was way out of my league. My brother told me that it was probably about right or the person who bought it expected the value go up. My brother was surprised the Smith in .41 Mag went as cheap as it did. And I checked to see if the Mag was available before I bid. I had went to the preview on Friday.

Last edited:

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    Actually that Pre 29 44 Magnum went for $3100. +17% for a total of $3627. WOW!! I am pretty sure the number on the barrel did not match the serial number on the frame and the hammer & trigger were newer than the early 5 screw guns. An all correct gun of that vintage would do 3500. To 4000. most of the time.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I usually try and keep a link from the auction so I can see what stuff sold for. I forgot to this time.

I’ve about given up on the flats. Every time I wait around the same couple guys duke it out and the stuff goes for close enough to retail that I’m not
    interested.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I just looked at the completed auction and now I don't feel so bad. All the Mossbergs were shotguns and I would've been hoping for old Mossberg .22's. I did go ahead and sign up for notifications for future auctions though.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    If anyone here on INGO happened to win lot 119, the Valmet 412 ST over & Under shotgun , I ended up with the original box for it. I will give it to you if you come to the southside of Indy. I also have a couple of the Weatherby boxes.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    The trapdoor is a parts rifle.. more than likely put together from parts that Bannerman's had. It's one of those things that a person is fairly sure bannermans had a hand in it, but will never be completely sure. It is one of the reasons I ended up with it. It looks like most parts are new, the breechblock is dated 1870 and has about 95% case colors, and the bore is mint. I believe the reason there is no springfield/eagle on the lockplate is they used a lot of parts out of many piles from the inventory in the armory.. some of the parts were only partially finished when they were surplused out and bannermans aquired them, and they just finished them out and simply stamped a random date on it. the receiver is unserialed, and you can still find them for sale just like this even today.. lol. I was just on a site and they had springfield replacement receivers unnumbered and new for $95..

Bannermans is the one place I would like to jump in a time machine and visit somewhere around 1900... lol
    When they were shoring up the island with concrete they used civil was springfield musket barrels as rebar.. but they had over a million 1863 springfields and virtually no one wanted that old rifle in 1900.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2015/11/07/bannermans-legacy-ultimate-army-navy-store

Top Bottom