• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. You may gift them a firearm so long as they are a proper person (no felonies or other disqualifying factors).

They may not give you money for it. That would be a straw purchase.
    They must be able to pass the background check as if they were going to purchase it for themselves.

If they could legally purchase and own it themselves, you may gift it to them.

While you are at it, also gift them a session with a firearms trainer. To responsibly own a firearm, they should know how to properly use it.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes. You may gift them a firearm so long as they are a proper person (no felonies or other disqualifying factors).

They may not give you money for it. That would be a straw purchase.
    They must be able to pass the background check as if they were going to purchase it for themselves.

If they could legally purchase and own it themselves, you may gift it to them.

While you are at it, also gift them a session with a firearms trainer. To responsibly own a firearm, they should know how to properly use it.

Right answer. /thread

Well, if they are 19, then they couldn't legally buy it from a dealer, but it's ok to gift it...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Also, first answer on the 4473 asks if you are the purchaser and owner of the gun. The answer is YES. You are purchasing it and you are the owner of YOUR GUN. You will just choose to gift *YOUR GUN* later, which is irrelevant to the actual transaction at the time. (they are probing for a straw purchase where you are using somebody else's money to buy a gun for them)

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have gifted several firearms.
    Several of these have been right here on Ingo, although it's been some time since I've done this.
    I have given away several Keystone Cricket rifles to children of Ingo members as my way of helping to promote the shooting sports among the youth of America.

As stated above, YOU buy the firearm. Once it belongs to you, it's yours to do with as you please.

I've been meaning to do another Cricket giveaway. It's been too long.
    Thank you for the reminder.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Damn nice thing you are doing...

Several of these have been right here on Ingo, although it's been some time since I've done this.
    I have given away several Keystone Cricket rifles to children of Ingo members as my way of helping to promote the shooting sports among the youth of America.

As stated above, YOU buy the firearm. Once it belongs to you, it's yours to do with as you please.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I'm a child

Top Bottom