• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    It's that time again. Pretty good sized gun show this weekend. Sat. 9am to 5pm. Sun. 9am til 3pm. No idea how many tables, but this show has several dealers that only do this show. Always find some odds and ends here. (like I need more stuff). Pretty sure this is a Central Indiana Gun show, so you might have to wade through some stale merchandise. Hoping the dealer is there that has all the com-bloc stuff. He puts on an impressive display. Last time he had a heavy barrel Izzy FAL, some Norinco AKs, and even a Valmet.

As usual, I have no financial interest in the show or the promoter. Just a heads up. And I still pay $5 to get in like everybody else.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Went this morning. Seemed a little lighter than normal on vendors, but I did get four 50 cal ammo cans. Been having trouble finding them at the last few shows I've been to, so I'm happy. (Thanks Woody!) :yesway: There was one guy that I've been seeing at these shows for awhile that had a real nice selection of old .22's at very reasonable prices. I'm kind of surprised that people haven't been snapping them up to be honest.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    You didn't happen to see the Mossberg 142ish rifle with the broken trigger guard.Southwest wall in the south corner right next to Charlies table. The fold down grip on the front was wood. Under $200.

The place was packed around 11 or so. Found a mint Leupold pistol scope and a rubber coated Tasco for retro purposes. Paid too much for a "tupperware" Glock box. Saw a mint Colt Trooper nickle for $975 with box. Came back to check on it and it was gone.

Might go back tomorrow in case I missed anything.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I went over there today. Nice little show. I picked up an AK Pmag G2 for 14 bucks, including tax, so that wasn't too bad. I wish I'd bought one or two more.

Then, we had lunch at Gils Tacos at Minnesota and Lynhurst and had one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. It was #4 on the sandwich menu, and it has cheese, Avacado, Mexican sausage, and other things in it. It was huge, hot and may have been one of the very best sandwiches I've ever had! I highly recommend that place!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You didn't happen to see the Mossberg 142ish rifle with the broken trigger guard.Southwest wall in the south corner right next to Charlies table. The fold down grip on the front was wood. Under $200.

The place was packed around 11 or so. Found a mint Leupold pistol scope and a rubber coated Tasco for retro purposes. Paid too much for a "tupperware" Glock box. Saw a mint Colt Trooper nickle for $975 with box. Came back to check on it and it was gone.

I did see that Mossberg but I didn't notice the trigger guard (didn't look real close). That's not too uncommon with some of those old Mossbergs, but they're not hard to find. There was another one on the main floor not far from it in about the same price range. Half tempted to go back and see if they're still there tomorrow. I don't have one with the fold down stock/fore grip.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    There was a large crowd at the show, but the dealers seemed to have an overabundance of junk knives, bracelets, snack food, kids toys, and even gutters. Walked the whole show twice in about thirty minutes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was a large crowd at the show, but the dealers seemed to have an overabundance of junk knives, bracelets, snack food, kids toys, and even gutters. Walked the whole show twice in about thirty minutes.

I saw the gutter guard display... I was like, WTF?? Did they miss the home and garden show? :):

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I stopped by this morning, I wasn't looking for anything gun wise. I was looking for silver though, and did pick up a Canadian 1 1/2 oz Bear coin. The show seemed crowded when I was there. A number of empty tables though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I stopped by this morning, I wasn't looking for anything gun wise. I was looking for silver though, and did pick up a Canadian 1 1/2 oz Bear coin. The show seemed crowded when I was there. A number of empty tables though.

I'm pretty sure I walked by the table where you got that, but I have no idea what's a good price and what isn't when it comes to buying silver (or gold). I assume they're there to make a profit on what they're selling, but I don't know what the "true" value is, so I don't know how much they're making off me, or how much it might appreciate in the future.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm pretty sure I walked by the table where you got that, but I have no idea what's a good price and what isn't when it comes to buying silver (or gold). I assume they're there to make a profit on what they're selling, but I don't know what the "true" value is, so I don't know how much they're making off me, or how much it might appreciate in the future.

The place in Fishers I buy from he usually charges $2 over spot per oz on silver, and up to $4 per oz for legal tender coin (US Mint, Canadian Mint, Australian mint, etc). Spot today is $16.80, so this should have gone for around $32. I overpaid at $35, but I am ok with it.

Easy way is to check with spot price is for silver per oz, then figure out what a good profit margin is for it.

I've picked up 8.5 oz in the past week. Prices dropped Friday. I have paid on average around $20 per oz for mint coins.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The place in Fishers I buy from he usually charges $2 over spot per oz on silver, and up to $4 per oz for legal tender coin (US Mint, Canadian Mint, Australian mint, etc). Spot today is $16.80, so this should have gone for around $32. I overpaid at $35, but I am ok with it.

Easy way is to check with spot price is for silver per oz, then figure out what a good profit margin is for it.

I've picked up 8.5 oz in the past week. Prices dropped Friday. I have paid on average around $20 per oz for mint coins.

Thanks Haven! That sounds like a lot of work for a gun show. I'm more of the "Oooooh, guns :drool:" type. :):

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks Haven! That sounds like a lot of work for a gun show. I'm more of the "Oooooh, guns :drool:" type. :):

It is just math, well and remembering what spot price was, and hoping it didn't change too much since you last checked. I am not looking for anything gun wise right now, so I was more looking for the silver.

Last edited:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Can I ask how much you paid for the old Glock box? PM if you prefer. Thanks

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    A guy in the large room on the corner katty corner from Brad´s Knives had a Smith Model 63 and a nickel Model 34 that were nice in original boxes, but a bit too nice at $895 and 899 each.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Saw Smith&W and met AmmoMan Aaron. Didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without, Did get a few $10 P mags

Top Bottom