• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Carry Issues and Self Defense has 12,406 Threads with 437,891 Posts overshadowing Tactics and Training and Shooting Sports Combined 10,108 / 191531 Any thoughts?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    People carry and practice self defense every day, plus there are plenty of sub topics related to carrying (what to carry, how to carry, etc.) Obviously there are more people carrying regularly than there are competing regularly.

Even those who train and compete regularly likely don't do it every single day, so it would make sense that there is more high level discussion about that versus discussions about training and or shooting sports, which tend to involve a more specific focus.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of INGOers that will view Carry Issues and Self Defense would not readily go to seek info in Tactics and Training. If INGOers don't shoot competition there is no reason for them to go there.

It's taken a lot of years for INGOers to warm to training and the training community to warm to the whole of INGO. There have been instructors and training students over the years who have weak communication skills. At times those weak communication skills translate to the average INGOer who doesn't train much as arrogant and or condescending.

:twocents:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Carry Issues..." sub-forum is also a lot of news, and hypothetical questions/concerns.

"Training..." is definitely more active involvement, probably more people there that have committed to aspects of it.

Not everyone feels they need training, and that's fine. Obviously it's best to practice, at least.

I'd prefer to have more people armed with no training requirement, than a requirement to be trained before armed.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Carry Issues and Self Defense has 12,406 Threads with 437,891 Posts overshadowing Tactics and Training and Shooting Sports Combined 10,108 / 191531 Any thoughts?

I think there's just a lot more carry issues.

Fat pants or skinny pants.
    Will my Baretta fit in those pockets.
    5 guns and 4 pockets. :dunno:
    Does this holster match my shoes?
    Reminds me, look for a reversible gun belt.
    Will this holster fall in the urinal.

Point and shoot.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    crapperjim.jpg

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    According to this we are NOT a gun board but a breakroom board...

Threads: 52,970

This.

There is so little gun discussion these days it's not even funny. The bulk of the posts in handguns is a CZ thread that really fits in breakroom. There's rarely any actual CZ discussion in there at all. If you take that thread away, you have 3 or 4 posts about guns a day at best.
    INGO has become a place where the only posts that get traction are political / philosophical / humor centered.
    Though I'm not very good, I shoot often. 3 or 4 times a week from Kentucky to Terre Haute area, sometimes doing 3 events in a week. You see a lot of the same people. The folks that are actually out shooting, and with a few notable exceptions, almost none of them are on INGO. They've heard of it, but don't participate. The handful I've talked to about it had some interesting perceptions of it. I don't even ask people if they're on here anymore.

INGO isn't really about guns anymore. It's more like a private group conversation. Remember those old guns shops that had the daily regulars sitting on stools with an opinion on everything? that's what INGO looks like. Not saying that's bad or anything, but it's not a place many actual shooters hang out. (Again ther are some notable exceptions).

You can see it in the post counts. Across the board it's not actual gun related posts.

Top Bottom