• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That would have to go to my faithful, well worn and boringly accurate .308. Top rifle in this pic:

ojaEM09h.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Easy. An old beater 226. Former backup match gun. Slick, boringly accurate, as alluded to in the o.p., and drop dead dependable. I call it my zombie pistol. If I could only have one handgun,. That'd be it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So hard to pick just 1. This is probably my top 3

My shockwave makes me giggle. My SR1911 makes me smile. My custom built 10/22 makes me laugh with how accurate it is.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Ruger American .308 bolt. Shot the 4-shot group below at 100 yards and took two deer this fall.

IMG_8202 small.jpg

Though I also like this, mainly because almost no one else has one - Ruger KP94DCLW

IMG_6389 small.jpg

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am going to have to think on this one. Kind of like picking my favorite grandson :-)
    actually that would be easier :laugh:

My sentimental choices would either be the 870 I got for my 12th Christmas or maybe the model 97 that was Dad's hunting gun when he was younger.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ok now I'm trying to figure out why it's saying I started this thread. I didn't start it, my post was in response to someone else who started it.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Ok now I'm trying to figure out why it's saying I started this thread. I didn't start it, my post was in response to someone else who started it.

That confused me also since I clicked on it earlier and the original poster had a picture of a lever action.

Mine is probably my CZ 455. It's cheap to shoot and since I can't really get my .308 out to any decent distance around here that often, it gets me some good trigger time with some significant bullet drop and windage practice.

MRAP2-M.jpg

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    There's only one I'd never sell, so I guess that's the winner: Grandpa's first 22LR. I'm pretty sure it's a Marlin Ranger 34 from Sears, though the markings have long since disappeared. Legend goes that he trapped fur for an entire winter to buy it. It's also my first gun and is rapidly approaching 100 years in the family with me being the second the owner.

So.... She ain't going anywhere.

Top Bottom