Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    CZ Q&A thread - serious discussion only

Plain and simple.

CZ questions and answers in here.

No off topic discussions please.

This is to help people who don't want to mingle in the other CZ thread, which is understandable, but have questions or want to ONLY talk about CZ firearms. We are not going to complain about the other thread in here. Let's keep it civil please.

Let's talk CZ stuff! And GO!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Wizard has my Pre-B right now. We are trying to put the Apex trigger kit in it and compare the results to the CGW offerings.
    Seems the kit is for a "B" not a pre-"B".
    So now the science comes into play. Lets see what will make this work. Love a challenge.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    CZ's are wonderful guns. I'm partial to the 75 Compact:

7DFCQTph.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The Wizard has my Pre-B right now. We are trying to put the Apex trigger kit in it and compare the results to the CGW offerings.
    Seems the kit is for a "B" not a pre-"B".
    So now the science comes into play. Lets see what will make this work. Love a challenge.

You might speak with Apex. We had a conversation with Randy Lee at the Indy NRA show and he seemed very interested in expanding the degree of CZ compatibility and offerings.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I exchanged e mail with Apex yesterday afternoon and it was explained the reason the Apex kit would not work in the Pre B is the dimensions of the disconnector are different from Pre B to B. After installing the Apex kit I noticed that when pulling the trigger in DA mode that the hammer stops about .050 before passing the half cock notch on it way to contacting the firing pin. I will try to fit a CGW T-2 disco to see if it will work. I think it is a clearance issue between the trigger bar DA face and the disconnector DA side.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The disconnector has always been kind of like black magic to me. I’ve lined a bunch of spare disconnectors up to see if I could figure out what each was doing differently but never did get a good grasp of how each surface dimension impacts the timing.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Hi 88
    The SA reset is controlled by the lower leg rear facing surface. If it will not reset I use a small diamond grinder to give clearance then polish smooth. This takes a lot of time so that you do not remove too much so grind, polish, test fit, grind, polish, test fit. The DA break is controlled by where the left side face on the disco drops in behind the trigger bar DA face. If it will not reset I use a diamond file to put a 90 degree break about 010 to 015 wide then polish smooth. Remember to go a little at a time and this will give you shorter reset and take up on the trigger.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    CZ warranty kind of put me off from buying one. 5 years to the original owner. What happens after year 5 or if you need one repaired that you bought used? Even Taurus has a better warranty than this.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    CZ warranty kind of put me off from buying one. 5 years to the original owner. What happens after year 5 or if you need one repaired that you bought used? Even Taurus has a better warranty than this.

This has always been an interesting viewpoint to me, just what influences each of us. I would argue though that odds of needing the CZ warranty vs needing the Taurus warranty are probably very different. I’m not sure I’ve heard of a CZ going back for work, don’t know if that cause it’s a rare thing or I don’t spend time in the right places to hear about it.

Nothing against letting the warranty impact a decision though, it just made me think about it for a minute. I don’t think I’ve ever bought something based on the warranty. I’m not even sure if I knew what the warranty was on my car when I made the decision to buy it, now I’m just stuck between voiding it not voiding that one. :D

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Like Ruger you can buy a used one if something happens they will repair it no questions about ownership. I've had this happen in the past. I used Taurus as an example of a inexpensive firearm with a lifetime warranty on the firearm not the owner.

I'm not familiar with CZ other than what I've read here about them. Which caused me to start researching them. I almost pulled the trigger on a CZ P10F but not knowing the company it made me hesitate.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    The Wizard and Birds helped me a lot as I started getting interested in CZ's. This is my first and still my favorite CZ. It has gone throught a few changes.

hwE1UFP.jpg

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Currently my two CZs are a Bren 805 pistol with a brace and a 20 ga over/under. So far I’m impressed with the quality. I love the Bren and it’s a blast to shoot. I just wish there was more aftermarket bits and pieces for the Bren. My over/under is my favorite bird gun.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I wouldn't let the warranty be an issue with a CZ, they are built very well. IMO, the best way to gauge a brand, or even a particular model of a brand, is to talk with those who own them and see what they have experienced.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK. With all the amazing help on this site and you are worrying about Warr.
    I have found that you can be alone out there regardless. I have had some good experiences and some bad. I now take care of all my own issues period. If it is beyond me I know people it is not. Just saying. To live and die by a warr. that can go away at the stroke of a pen in an office we will never see is......well...…:dunno:

Of course this is just my own opinion and no reflection on you sir. I think you are limiting yourself. Again, JMHO.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OK. With all the amazing help on this site and you are worrying about Warr.
    I have found that you can be alone out there regardless. I have had some good experiences and some bad. I now take care of all my own issues period. If it is beyond me I know people it is not. Just saying. To live and die by a warr. that can go away at the stroke of a pen in an office we will never see is......well...…:dunno:

Of course this is just my own opinion and no reflection on you sir. I think you are limiting yourself. Again, JMHO.

To me the warranty shows what the company values its products. I get what you are saying CM. The reviews from individuals make them sound solid. However, I'm not familiar with them so was hesitant about the buy. If the warranty was more appealing I'd have bought it. That's just the way I see things.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    To me the warranty shows what the company values its products. I get what you are saying CM. The reviews from individuals make them sound solid. However, I'm not familiar with them so was hesitant about the buy. If the warranty was more appealing I'd have bought it. That's just the way I see things.

Most warranties are limited to workmanship and materials. If a manufacturing or defect doesn't show up within 5 years, it probably doesn't exist.

I do see your point, but my experience with CZ would indicate no concern. Every manufacturer sells a turd from time to time. CZ isn't any different.

In general, for their handguns, the more use it has the better it gets...

BTW: I don't have a P10F but I do have P10C and it is a GREAT gun with the addition of an HBI trigger. Maybe the best striker trigger out there.

Top Bottom