• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Nobody is hoarding it.

I did, replenished 8k rounds of Federal and Winchester bulk packs from Walmart 4 cents/rd.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'd hope we all learned our lesson last time and don't need to expand our 22 empires any further. I know I certainly learned and have established a collection of double deuce that I expect to out live me.

Besides, corona isn't crying in the rose garden because it can't take our guns. It's just going to kill us. :):

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You boys just aren't shooting enough... of course neither am I.

You're preaching the gospel here, but by the time I get down to 22 I'm doing it because the spirit is willing, but the budget is not, so, I'm taking my time with my shots and really trying to drive tacks. Assuming my inventory (after obligatory BX25 mag dumps) is 5k rounds, and I spend 30 seconds lining up each shot to be as "sniper" perfect as I can...

...I have nowhere near enough ammo and thank God you came along to correct my poor vision. That math comes out to 41 hours, or under an hour a week for less than a year. I need about 20x as much .22 before I can be as confident as I thought I was...

Oh F...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've bought a brick or few here and there as we came out of the shortage. Then I got into long range .22LR shooting and none of the bulk stuff does that well at all. Stocked up pretty good on CCI standard, that still is not match consistent.

Lately, I've been trying to watch for sales on better target ammo. Lead ammo at standard velocity in the .$10 per round range.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They hoarded so much last time that they still have a crapload of it left.
    Or “they” saw how it disappeared last time and swore they would never be in that position again, so when prices dropped back to normal “they” bought a **** ton of it because “they” aren’t morons.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Last county it was 100K+ of .22lr, so I think I am . . . that's not enough!

ETBx05RWsAISw1s

Top Bottom