IS LAFAYETTE SHOW STILL ON FOR 21ST AND 22ND??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Son and I were planning to go--- but not sure with all the warnings. I'm 78 but in pretty good health now not sure there will even be a show. At my age with wife (77) and on oxygen nor really sure I should go even if it is open??

Oldgunfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2018
    GPS signal lost
    imo, what makes the Wuhan Contagion (CoVid-19) so dangerous is a large percentage can contract the disease and never get sick (show symptoms)--but they can still spread the disease. At your age and your wife's age--particularly given that she is on oxygen--you should isolate yourself for the next two weeks. Only leave the house for essentials--and practice social distancing. After two weeks, evaluate the situation again and extend your isolation if necessary.
    Stay safe! I have seen estimates that virus has a mortality rate over 20% for your age group. It can kill you!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Son and I were planning to go--- but not sure with all the warnings. I'm 78 but in pretty good health now not sure there will even be a show. At my age with wife (77) and on oxygen nor really sure I should go even if it is open??
    The promoter has been contacted by the Tippecanoe County fairgrounds and told that the show cannot be held there. This even after assurances that doors would be monitored and no more than 250 people would be allowed in the building at any one time. More news will follow in the days to come about future shows and I will post updates here and on Facebook as they become available to me. Some things are still up in the air but decisions will be made Monday morning when business hours resume at the facilities that host the shows. That being said, it would be a good idea to call and confirm before attending any event (gun show or other event) in the near future.

Anyone that has specific questions can feel free to message me. I'll try to respond asap, but things are crazy right now so it may take time to respond to everyone.

Personally, I would recommend that anyone over 70 or those with certain health issues should isolate themselves from crowds as much as possible.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Latest guidance from the CDC as of this morning (3/16/20) is recommending gatherings of no more than 50 people. As far as I know this has not been mandated in IN yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it is eventually. That's going to put the kibosh on even the small shows if it does IMO.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

That depends on how much you love your wife, I suppose.

Top Bottom