• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One of my very best customers called the other day and said her husband just bought a Glock.
    I told her I wouldn't hold that against him.
    He bought a Glock 19, and has no clue how to use it. He complained that he couldn't find any local training classes, so I volunteered my services.

We have a range day scheduled for a week from today.
    This afternoon I took him over a small, .30cal ammo can, a 9mm bore snake, a medium size Stack-On pistol safe, and a card for recording firearm information, along with a couple of pamphlets from the N.S.S.F. regarding handgun safety in the home.

I'm not a Glock fan, but I did manage to tear it apart in just a few seconds.
    Seems like a familiar design, at least for the most part.

This one woman has been responsible for a good deal of my business over the last year.
    She is a realtor, and evidently a very good one, because she sure moves a LOT of houses.
    I thought this was the very LEAST I could do for them.

She seemed to be a lot more partial to my old(er) Bersa series 95 than her hubby's new Glock.
    Smart lady...
    Anyway, I get to start training new shooters again next week :rockwoot:
    I always have fun doing this.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Train her as well. Lots of realtors are packing now and for good reason. They spend time with totally unknown individuals in more-or-less seclusion. I have a good friend who is a broker and most of his sales people carry.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Train her as well. Lots of realtors are packing now and for good reason. They spend time with totally unknown individuals in more-or-less seclusion. I have a good friend who is a broker and most of his sales people carry.

That is my intent.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Just to chuck it out there... my panic buying sense is telling me he'll be wanting to buy some spare mags and really soon or he won't be getting any for about a year.

Since he went with a 19, a 33rd for the glove box would be a good idea, IMO, and will probably be like gold in the immediate future.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just to chuck it out there... my panic buying sense is telling me he'll be wanting to buy some spare mags and really soon or he won't be getting any for about a year.

Since he went with a 19, a 33rd for the glove box would be a good idea, IMO, and will probably be like gold in the immediate future.

He does have 3 mags, and he bought a whopping 100 rounds of range ammo!
    When I showed them my AR9 and explained how fast it would spit out 9mm pills, he decided he needed more ammo. LOL
    I told him not to worry about the range session. I have enough 9mm factory ammo for us both to have a few really nice range days.
    I also have a 5 gallon bucket full of once fired 9mm brass and a boat-load of powder and primers to roll more.

I have less projectiles on hand at this point, but still enough to suffice for a while.
    I don't expect this round of panic buying to affect my shooting habits at all, even if it lasts for 6 months or more.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    He does have 3 mags, and he bought a whopping 100 rounds of range ammo!
    When I showed them my AR9 and explained how fast it would spit out 9mm pills, he decided he needed more ammo. LOL
    I told him not to worry about the range session. I have enough 9mm factory ammo for us both to have a few really nice range days.
    I also have a 5 gallon bucket full of once fired 9mm brass and a boat-load of powder and primers to roll more.

I have less projectiles on hand at this point, but still enough to suffice for a while.
    I don't expect this round of panic buying to affect my shooting habits at all, even if it lasts for 6 months or more.

Since it sounds like that's his only gun, 3 mags isn't even close to enough and I went through this with Glock mags for my 21 back in 2008. It took a full year for things to return to normal and then the other crazy stuff started, each time taking about a year to reel back in. I have plenty of 21 mags now, but it wasn't easy.

I'd suggest he buy at least 3 more and a factory 33rd to keep in the car. That's 2 on the nightstand, 2 where ever else he hangs out the most (office, man cave), one in the gun, and a spare to carry, plus the big boy in the car.

Just IMHO on all of that, but Glock mags have straight evaporated enough times in my relatively short life as a Glock owner that I don't take chances anymore. Stack 'em deep.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tip - If the new Glock owner purchases more mags, 17 rounders would be a lot more versatile. Beyond the additional couple rounds they would fit the (G17, G34, G45) longer grip models along with all of the G19 and shorter models.

I keep one 15 round mag in the gun, for compact grip concealment and carry 17 rounders as spares. The other two new factory G19 mags always go back in the box, for the next owner.

Mfoster20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Glocks are pretty good pistols. Not my preference but I don’t understand why they get so much hate. Maybe it’s being a little self absorbed having the slogan “Perfection” :laugh:

Top Bottom