• ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Based on their stellar description -
    "Note from Ben - The wording above is from our long standing Beretta 92S ad that we have used historically as we do tend to get these in from time to time. However, I must say that this latest group of pistols that we just received today is probably the cleanest batch of these pistols that I have seen yet and very much on par with another exceptional group we received about 14 months ago. It was a very small batch as well and as such, especially at the price we are running them at here, I do not expect them to last long. Many of the barrels and feed ramps appear new with no evidence of a round ever having gone across them. Not trying to overplay it, and of course as with all surplus firearms they will vary from gun to gun, but still overall, a very nice batch. If I were you I would hurry up on this one. See accompanying video for further details. "

And video of unboxing superb examples, I decided to order a Beretta 92S. There was no hand select option available.

When I got it, it looked like something fished out of a pond. Considerable rust inside and out of the barrel, considerable finish wear, the de cocker was replace with incorrect aftermarket version, loose as a goose.

I started to clean it be decided not to accept it and make a fuss. After waiting as caller # 17 I finally got someone, i sent some pictures and waited...

After no response I called again and the rep asked if I wanted a refund, I asked if full refund including shipping, answer was yes. She sent shipping label and away I go.

Over a week later nothing to visa. 3 calls of being caller #20 later, Im told refund will be issued, they are behind, no kidding.

Next day email confirming refund - MINUS shipping both to and from both ways. In other words Im out $50.00 shipping plus $25.00 transfer fee.

3 days of trying to get someone as caller #22, I get rep and tell her story. She flatly informs me the notes indicate the gun condition was in accordance with what was described and the other rep shouldnt have promised shipping refund.

After pointing out that I could have had cerakote for the money Im loosing and would never have agreed to that, and that no way in Heaven or Hell the description matched the gun, I get a whooping $25.00 in store credit.

Ordered a little ammo today, seriously Classic, you've shown yourselves dishonest and completely uncaring toward your customers, no customer service, loyalty or attempt to own your own BS.

Farewell...

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So what happens if you refuse shipment before transfer in a situation like this? I've always heard that is the best time to refuse, however that said, I've never had to do it, and have only purchased new guns online/for shipping as opposed to used.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sweaty Ben gonna Sweaty Ben.

Last shipment EVER! Look what we "found" in the warehouse! CLEANEST BATCH I'VE EVER SEEN! :n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

They're a scumbag company. They use their weight and their money to buy up a monopoly on various surplus rifles so they can jack the price up and then spend a year or more playing childish stock games and talking up how it's the LAST EVERY...until they "find" more a few weeks later.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They often have good prices on regular guns but I would never buy something surplus from them. People have been posting some pictures of the SKS's they bought from Classic.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting thread. A few months ago, I stumbled across them and was almost tempted to buy one of the SKSs they had at the time. Maybe I should be glad I didn’t.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought 2 yugo 32acp's, cz82, beratta 81, and a few others with no issues over the years. The only issue I had was a bottom of the barrel cz50 that had more than average pitting on the slide and frame.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Sweaty Ben gonna Sweaty Ben.

Last shipment EVER! Look what we "found" in the warehouse! CLEANEST BATCH I'VE EVER SEEN! :n00b: :n00b: :n00b: :n00b:

They're a scumbag company. They use their weight and their money to buy up a monopoly on various surplus rifles so they can jack the price up and then spend a year or more playing childish stock games and talking up how it's the LAST EVERY...until they "find" more a few weeks later.

nailed it

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not even new? I've done it and I figured if something was hosed up the manufacturer would be on the hook. Is my thinking wrong here?

"NO"

If I can not inspect it I do not want it. The few dollars one might save is not worth it to me. And my latest CS/Warr experiences have been worse than bad.
    I have a standard set for any 1911 I may purchase. Fit and finish. I have left more than a few sitting on the counter at the LGS.
    Private sales I have walked away from 3 if memory serves.

If you order one through the LGS and it does not pass muster it is theirs to deal with.
    I am an old dog so this whole buy your car/gun etc on line sight unseen is not something I am or ever will be comfortable with.

If you are OK with it then heck yes carry on.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    "NO"

If I can not inspect it I do not want it. The few dollars one might save is not worth it to me. And my latest CS/Warr experiences have been worse than bad.
    I have a standard set for any 1911 I may purchase. Fit and finish. I have left more than a few sitting on the counter at the LGS.
    Private sales I have walked away from 3 if memory serves.

If you order one through the LGS and it does not pass muster it is theirs to deal with.
    I am an old dog so this whole buy your car/gun etc on line sight unseen is not something I am or ever will be comfortable with.

If you are OK with it then heck yes carry on.

I get it. In my case, it was something that no LGS had in stock or could/would order... and I really needed an under folding AK. Price actually wasn't the motivating factor.

I'd never buy a car sight unseen... but an AK that was spray painted at the factory by a half blind 12 year old anyhow? I took my chances.

I admit your warranty comment has me a little scared... especially since you know the price range of the next piece I'm looking to add, and for me, that's not chump change.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get it. In my case, it was something that no LGS had in stock or could/would order... and I really needed an under folding AK. Price actually wasn't the motivating factor.

I'd never buy a car sight unseen... but an AK that was spray painted at the factory by a half blind 12 year old anyhow? I took my chances.

I admit your warranty comment has me a little scared... especially since you know the price range of the next piece I'm looking to add, and for me, that's not chump change.

Not every encounter with CS is a bad one. I had a few in a row with the same company and it has a good rep.

If I fondle it and approve it unless it blows up or disintegrates into components I will fix it myself. That's just me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom