• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Already have the regular PC carbine, which I really like. Will be likely be adding one of these to the stable.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well that's just a Tec-9 with extra steps.
    No not really, there’s a huge difference between this and a tec9, the Ruger will shoot, the tec9 belongs on a peanut butter sandwich, cause all it does is jam!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Looks cool, really surprised it took them this long to come out with one.

Really glad to see they used a pic rail at the back instead of taking the easy way and just use an AR buffer tube like most companies do. Has some styling to it

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Seeing as how I know less than zero about folding braces, is the SB brace in the article a good one?
    Are there non-folding braces that would attach to this gun?

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Seeing as how I know less than zero about folding braces, is the SB brace in the article a good one?
    Are their non-folding braces that would attach to this gun?

Yes and yes. This is the same system PSA used on the AKV. Mine came with a fixed AR tube brace and I switched it out to the one shown on the Ruger.

I wish, again, someone would make an adapter for M&P mags.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Are their non-folding braces that would attach to this gun?

It's a small compact gun with a take down barrel, why do you want there to be a non folding (added length and size) option?

The SB tactical works, guy I know has a polymer one and it's okay but can flex if you bare down on it. They have an aluminum one as well.

Sig makes one that might work better since you can reverse which way the hinge pivots and make it a right folder since most will changing the cocking handle to the left side

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Hope some caliber conversions or maybe a larger pattern receiver eventually come to the PC platform. Man this gun would be slick in .45 and maybe another couple inches of barrel.

I hope the PC gets the kind of aftermarket we love about the 10/22. It's got the potential to be iconic.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    It's a small compact gun with a take down barrel, why do you want there to be a non folding (added length and size) option?

The SB tactical works, guy I know has a polymer one and it's okay but can flex if you bare down on it. They have an aluminum one as well.

Sig makes one that might work better since you can reverse which way the hinge pivots and make it a right folder since most will changing the cocking handle to the left side

Not saying I would want one...just asking! Thanks for the info...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Yeah, if I saw this at the gun shop tomorrow in .45 ACP with the ability to take Glock mags, it would be going home with me. With a brace, a light and good red dot, it would make an awesome home defense platform.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The big problem with .45 is IIRC the barrel extension isn't nearly wide enough for a .45 bore. It would require a larger pattern of receiver. PC Heavy, 10mm too? Ruger, STFU and take my money.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    With the prevalence of PCC “pistols” out in the market right now (AKV, Stribog, Scorpion, SP5, B&T) they would be stupid NOT to make one. Yeah, it’s ugly, but it does everything that everybody wants:

-Brace
    -AR grip
    -GLOCK mags
    -M-lok forearm
    -Pic rail on top
    -Cheapest of the bunch

Glocks are ugly, I have Glock mags, and I want a PCC pistol with a brace. I’ll probably buy one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    With the prevalence of PCC “pistols” out in the market right now (AKV, Stribog, Scorpion, SP5, B&T) they would be stupid NOT to make one. Yeah, it’s ugly, but it does everything that everybody wants:

-Brace
    -AR grip
    -GLOCK mags
    -M-lok forearm
    -Pic rail on top
    -Cheapest of the bunch

Glocks are ugly, I have Glock mags, and I want a PCC pistol with a brace. I’ll probably buy one.

Truth is, I've already got this space covered with my little Freedom Ordnance FX-9 pistol. Brace, AR style, Glock mags, etc. That won't necessarily stop me from buying a 9mm PC Charger. But a .45 model? Shut up and take my money!

Top Bottom