Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Gun Sales

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hoosier armory in Noblesville: A lot of 44 magnum 22 short, 32 auto, Black Hills 45 ACP and two boxes of white box Winchester 5.56, $110/200 rounds. Get your 7.62 Tok here. NICS Crashed was the word I just heard in there. Small shop packed with people.
    INGOer #25,448

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Cabela’s in Noblesville: the 41 magnum guys are probably acting pretty smug these days. Plenty of that. Do you want 22 hornet or 44–40, or 32–20, or 500 Smith & Wesson? You are in business. 454 Casull, 45 Long colt snake shot, 50 AE. 22 Magnum a plenty.
    Exactly why I have a couple of Makarov's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Hoosier armory in Noblesville: A lot of 44 magnum 22 short, 32 auto, Black Hills 45 ACP and two boxes of white box Winchester 5.56, $110/200 rounds. Get your 7.62 Tok here. NICS Crashed was the word I just heard in there. Small shop packed with people.
    Just did a major ammo re-org due to having my electrical service upgraded from a small 100 amp fuse box to a BIG 200 amp breaker panel. Lost 2 shelves of ammo storage, but after some condensing and creative storage solutions (filled a "coffee table" that I had made from a 105 mm ammo crate) with small quantities of miscellaneous oddball ammo (30-40 Krag, 6.5x53R, 7.62 Nagant, etc.), I was able to get everything put back. Gave me a good chance to see what I had (at least in 2 closets) and I'm good on 7.62 Tok!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomc1947 View Post
    Exactly why I have a couple of Makarov's.
    Oh yeah, I'm good on 9mm Mak and 9mm Largo too.

User Info Menu

Went to the local gun store yesterday with the BIL, while he made a purchase. The place was packed! Talking to the owner and he mentioned the last week has been insane, and mentioned their average 50 gun sales per day. Stock was really low on both guns and ammo.
    #blesstheworld

Plinker

User Info Menu

Visited the local range yesterday, safety officer said he's been dealing with all kinds of jokers. One guy accidentally discharged his AK as he was getting out of his truck, sent home immediately. Another yahoo was trying to shoot his AR with just the picatinny rail, no iron sights or optics...these new gun owners are going to hurt someone or themselves.

I might just avoid the public ranges for a while...

User Info Menu

I'm sure the incidents are up (more traffic, I'm sure) but this stuff happens all the time with the public.
    The RSO is the only one trying to make sure the rules are read and followed. There's only the firearm community & range neighbors who can assist (hey, that's US).

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseLaw View Post
    Another yahoo was trying to shoot his AR with just the picatinny rail, no iron sights or optics...these new gun owners are going to hurt someone or themselves.
    Eh, were they on target? It can be done.
    Perhaps this was their very first time behind the rifle. Safe handling and a good experience may be their only goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MongooseLaw View Post
    I might just avoid the public ranges for a while...
    Some are better than others, but you do need to keep your head on a swivel at all times. Even during a quiet weekday morning.
    I mean, most of the people there are handling firearms & half of them will be below average in skill & experience.

It's also a great opportunity to strike up a conversation and see what they're interested in.
    Everyone was a new shooter once... maybe we can get them to stick around for later.
    Last edited by rosejm; 03-23-2020 at 12:23.

User Info Menu

Stay to the right of right handed shooters and to the left of the others.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Stay to the right of right handed shooters and to the left of the others.

I like to stay behind both!
    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Most reloaders prepare better than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Powder and primers are a couple days from blinking out of existence, if they haven't already (I honestly haven't looked). They're niche items and frequently go out of stock during normal times.

Reloading doesn't make you immune from an ammo run unless you have a mountain of components in stock at home. Two or three companies account for 95% of powder and primers. Nothing stopping them from jacking powder up to $100 a can.
    ^^^
    These are true statements-BUT-Most people that reload DO stock up when buying, yes we can run out, but most handloaders "Stock" is pretty good.
    We usually buy primers (especially when on sale) in the 5K case, and powder in the 8 pound jug. Most have enough components to keep shooting for awhile...Bill.

"It's more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone".

NRA Life Member since 1976+Outdoor Sportsman

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast