• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    WOW, I often go to Cabelas to walk around, I'm into the outdoors hiking, fishing, kayaking. Friday, ammo was there, today, ammo was gone. Gun sales looked busy, however good job BGF

https://www.wibc.com/news/coronavir...e-since-president-natl-emergency-declaration/

However I fear that guns and ammo will be unreasonably priced again. Which is fine, free market, I can make my own, but taking my family out, or new shooters where I prefer manufacture ammo, will be more difficult. Walmart no longer carries ammo, Gander is gone, local gun shops I have not checked as I need no reason to purchase another firearm, no matter how awesome a Kriss Vector is.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    Stopped by Point Blank in Carmel on lunch hour today just to look around and was shocked to find the gun display cases well over half empty...fmj and other cheap ammo gone with just a few left of other... and a line to the door taking numbers to purchase a gun..... it was nuts!! I had no idea there was another run on guns and ammo happening....

Got back to work and checked several online ammo vendors I usually frequent, and sure enough.... OUT OF STOCK listed on almost anything 9mm related.
    Here we go again.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well, my motto for years has been "PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE AND PANIC"

You are seeing panic buying because people didn't plan prior to being in a crisis. Guns, ammo, toilet paper for some reason, hand sanitizer, food for a couple of weeks.

It's one thing to think in general terms, well, if there's a tornado it's hit or miss and probably wont effect much.

It's another thing to think, people are going to be in self-isolation, police might not respond to calls, and I'm on my own.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    This time I wished I had bought more ammo instead of a gun. I have enough on hand, just not enough to shoot a bunch of matches.

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth
    I have been shopping for something smaller for EDC. Probably should have pulled the trigger (hue hue hue) ​a little sooner. Dreading going out to try to find something now.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you already have ammo, you can still find something, or look on here. If you don't have ammo, see what ammo you can get, and then act accordingly if you are that determined.

Was looking at some small 22lr handguns while waiting in line for my ammo purchase this morning. I've got plenty of ammo but "just" a 10/22 to shoot it with. A pocket gun would make a good hideout.

On the plus side, the 9mm ammo I ordered this morning from MidwayUSA has shipped (tracking number and everything.) So it'll be here next week.

Remember, this is just panic buying, not a supply shortage, just a supply disruption.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you already have ammo, you can still find something, or look on here. If you don't have ammo, see what ammo you can get, and then act accordingly if you are that determined.

Was looking at some small 22lr handguns while waiting in line for my ammo purchase this morning. I've got plenty of ammo but "just" a 10/22 to shoot it with. A pocket gun would make a good hideout.

On the plus side, the 9mm ammo I ordered this morning from MidwayUSA has shipped (tracking number and everything.) So it'll be here next week.

Remember, this is just panic buying, not a supply shortage, just a supply disruption.

Exactly, these are people that are/were un-prepared.
    If you have plenty of ammo and firearms, you have nothing to do but wait for the supply to re-appear.
    And it will.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Exactly, these are people that are/were un-prepared.
    If you have plenty of ammo and firearms, you have nothing to do but wait for the supply to re-appear.
    And it will.

^^^ I am in fine shape. The last time this happened, I traded 22 ammo for handguns.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This will be the third ammo shortage I have been through.

The first was 2009, for some unknown reason that was .380
    Next was 2012, that was .22lr
    Now 2020 and it's 9mm

sngehl01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2018
    Elizabeth

Good points. I do need a little semi 22 pistol too. My revolver is a lot of fun, have to read some reviews to see what isn't too terrible about jamming. I had a Ruger Mark III that I couldn't shoot a magazine of anything through.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Who are buying all these guns, and why?

If they're being purchased by people who already own and are familiar with firearms, then people need to take a deep breath and relax.

If they're being purchased by suddenly-fearful people who are not experienced with guns, then responsible gun owners should be afraid. Such folks will reflect badly on the rest of us - witness the two yahoos who were waving their guns around at Costco. Folks like that are poster children for more regulation.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas

If they're being purchased by people who already own and are familiar with firearms, then people need to take a deep breath and relax.

If they're being purchased by suddenly-fearful people who are not experienced with guns, then responsible gun owners should be afraid. Such folks will reflect badly on the rest of us - witness the two yahoos who were waving their guns around at Costco. Folks like that are poster children for more regulation.

I think it is a mixture of both. Some folks that should know better but are rushing along with the herd, and some that are just the herd.

I believe we are incredibly close to a shelter in place order, and desperate people will do desperate things. I don’t blame someone who finally realized that they need a gun for going out and getting one.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

If walking around Cabelas was any indication most seemed like newbies...

The crowd at the gun store at lunch, seemed like half were getting another gun for the missus, the other half were newbies...

In another 10 months expect a bunch of, gee I don't need this now sales...

Top Bottom