Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Sales

Pin
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Gun Sales

WOW, I often go to Cabelas to walk around, I'm into the outdoors hiking, fishing, kayaking. Friday, ammo was there, today, ammo was gone. Gun sales looked busy, however good job BGF

https://www.wibc.com/news/coronaviru...y-declaration/

However I fear that guns and ammo will be unreasonably priced again. Which is fine, free market, I can make my own, but taking my family out, or new shooters where I prefer manufacture ammo, will be more difficult. Walmart no longer carries ammo, Gander is gone, local gun shops I have not checked as I need no reason to purchase another firearm, no matter how awesome a Kriss Vector is.
    "It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks" - Johnny Cash

Plinker

User Info Menu

Stopped by Point Blank in Carmel on lunch hour today just to look around and was shocked to find the gun display cases well over half empty...fmj and other cheap ammo gone with just a few left of other... and a line to the door taking numbers to purchase a gun..... it was nuts!! I had no idea there was another run on guns and ammo happening....

Got back to work and checked several online ammo vendors I usually frequent, and sure enough.... OUT OF STOCK listed on almost anything 9mm related.
    Here we go again.

Expert

User Info Menu

I have a friend that works at the Muncie North Walmart, she said every firearm in stock at the store was sold on sunday.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat." ~Eldridge Cleaver

User Info Menu

Well, my motto for years has been "PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE AND PANIC"

You are seeing panic buying because people didn't plan prior to being in a crisis. Guns, ammo, toilet paper for some reason, hand sanitizer, food for a couple of weeks.

It's one thing to think in general terms, well, if there's a tornado it's hit or miss and probably wont effect much.

It's another thing to think, people are going to be in self-isolation, police might not respond to calls, and I'm on my own.
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

Marksman

User Info Menu

This time I wished I had bought more ammo instead of a gun. I have enough on hand, just not enough to shoot a bunch of matches.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have been shopping for something smaller for EDC. Probably should have pulled the trigger (hue hue hue) ​a little sooner. Dreading going out to try to find something now.

User Info Menu

If you already have ammo, you can still find something, or look on here. If you don't have ammo, see what ammo you can get, and then act accordingly if you are that determined.

Was looking at some small 22lr handguns while waiting in line for my ammo purchase this morning. I've got plenty of ammo but "just" a 10/22 to shoot it with. A pocket gun would make a good hideout.

On the plus side, the 9mm ammo I ordered this morning from MidwayUSA has shipped (tracking number and everything.) So it'll be here next week.

Remember, this is just panic buying, not a supply shortage, just a supply disruption.
    Opinions may vary, , it is the internets.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Indy View Post
    If you already have ammo, you can still find something, or look on here. If you don't have ammo, see what ammo you can get, and then act accordingly if you are that determined.

Was looking at some small 22lr handguns while waiting in line for my ammo purchase this morning. I've got plenty of ammo but "just" a 10/22 to shoot it with. A pocket gun would make a good hideout.

On the plus side, the 9mm ammo I ordered this morning from MidwayUSA has shipped (tracking number and everything.) So it'll be here next week.

Remember, this is just panic buying, not a supply shortage, just a supply disruption.
    Exactly, these are people that are/were un-prepared.
    If you have plenty of ammo and firearms, you have nothing to do but wait for the supply to re-appear.
    And it will.
    Test for Echo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 223 Gunner View Post
    Exactly, these are people that are/were un-prepared.
    If you have plenty of ammo and firearms, you have nothing to do but wait for the supply to re-appear.
    And it will.
    ^^^ I am in fine shape. The last time this happened, I traded 22 ammo for handguns.
    I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

User Info Menu

This will be the third ammo shortage I have been through.

The first was 2009, for some unknown reason that was .380
    Next was 2012, that was .22lr
    Now 2020 and it's 9mm

Test for Echo

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast